Full size air awning recommendations

EJM

Jun 25, 2024
Visit site
Hello I'm just wanting some advice on a full size air awning (1008cm/size15) for our swift sprite major 6. We have two that we are currently considering, albeit very different price brackets but if anyone could offer some advice on any of them that would be great. One is the sunncamp icon air size 15 and the other is the dometic residence air size 15. Also if anyone has any other recommendations that would be great but it's definitely a full size we want, (we're upgrading from a 420) and air, don't think we'd have the patience for a poled awning when we are used to the air. Many thanks.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I have a Sunncamp airvolution (large) porch. Very pleased with it. Just be aware that a full sized air is going to be a weighty beast. My 390 comes in at about 28kg.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
It might depend on how and how much you are going to use it. If it is for occasional touring then you might want to go for the one that is lightest and easiest to put up. If you are planning seasonal use, get the better quality one. Also, might you change your van in the foreseeable future ( next couple of years); if so get the cheaper one as it might not fit the next van. If you get the more expensive one, consider if you would be happy with having it altered to fit the next van.
Mel

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Beauty of a large porch is you don’t need to sell it when you change caravans.

I agree, my Sunncamp is 3.90 wide and extends outwards by 3.25 It has a bay window type front. Decent quality material, doesn't sag or crease. There is more than enough room for the table out of the van, 2 directors chairs and 2 Lafuma loungers. Its huge and okre than enough for us (2)

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
We went for the Isabella Cirrus 400 plus the annex, this gives us the flexibility of a large awning plus adding more room if needed with the annex. To be honest the awning on it's own is more than big enough for our needs and the annex gets rarely used. Isabella's are expensive (and heavy) but are built to last.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sadly most only realise this when they change caravans adding another £2k to the purchase. We now have a porch awning. No prizes for guessing the reason! :ROFLMAO:
Yes we fell into that trap and only realised the benefits of a porch when we bought a cheap lightweight for a trip to France. We then realised how spacious it was even though it wasn't that large. On return we bought an Isabella Magnum and the rest is history as they say.

2EED205A-F72B-420D-9078-0991A438D49F_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts