FULL SIZE AWNING

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
After using it last week I’d definitely give a thumbs up to the Kampa awning pulley system, I made one mistake of not lubricating the awning rail but even with not lubricating it I was able to pull a 330 awning through, if anyone knows what is the best lubricant, I’ve got various things to try, my worry is it needs to be something that dries but still helps the awning to slide in the rail, the awning I’ve just bought cost me £950 so I don’t want anything that is not going to dry as it might stain the awning material.

BP
The Kampa awning pulley system makes us reconsider the air awnings as the weight of them was one of the major issues with an air awning plus with the one we had there were quality issues. Quite like the Isabella Air Cirrius North or Ventura Air Trinus.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Looking forward to trying out our latest air porch awning and the Kampa awning pulley system the one we sold was very heavy we had trouble lifting it

Reactions: Kevin M
Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
A full size awning is nearly impossible to erect on your own, but it can be done however set aside a couple days of your holiday for erection and recuperation. LOL! 😆
Tosh.
If you're reasonably fit a full awning is easily erected solo, on grass in about 45 minutes as long as you do it methodically and correctly. Hard standings take a little longer as it takes a bit more effort to peg out.
I've generally got our full Isabella up by the time beloved has taken the dogs for a walk and we can both sit down for a cuppa before unpacking the clothes and whatever food we've brought with us.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Tosh.
If you're reasonably fit a full awning is easily erected solo, on grass in about 45 minutes as long as you do it methodically and correctly. Hard standings take a little longer as it takes a bit more effort to peg out.
I've generally got our full Isabella up by the time beloved has taken the dogs for a walk and we can both sit down for a cuppa before unpacking the clothes and whatever food we've brought with us.
Unfortunately for us and many others, age and arthritis need to be factored in. Not every one is lucky enough to fit like yourself. :D

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Buckman the 2 biggest factors when erecting any awning are your fitness to do the heavy work involved whether due to age or health issues and the other big factor is the size of the awning, the bigger your opting to go for the more difficult it will be, I found the Kampa pulley kit very useful but the weight etc still applies, it doesn’t erect the awning for you it just makes it easier, as is well known as your fitness gets less an erection of any size can become a problem.

BP

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately for us and many others, age and arthritis need to be factored in. Not every one is lucky enough to fit like yourself. :D
I am 63, have arthritis In my neck ,shoulders, hips and knees, sciatica on both sides and a recurring sacroiliac problem..........

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Tosh.

Assuming its not blowing a gale, which it always seems to do whenever i try to put one up !

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I am 63, have arthritis In my neck ,shoulders, hips and knees, sciatica on both sides and a recurring sacroiliac problem..........

Same age, both knees shot, broke back as a youngster, sciatica and married. Its hard work but if you approach it logically, its easy. I used to get well stressed with awnings when I was younger, I have developed a routine now that I dont even break sweat, even if the wife helps.

Watch the Isabella Ambassador Video.
Use the Kampa Awning Puller
Spray the rail with Aquatex
Dont mess about with a rubber mallet, use a lumper.
Tell the wife to find something useful to do somewheres else.

Up in 20-25 minutes. The only issue I have, especially on hardstanding is pegging. It hurts the knees, and thats the polite way of saying it.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I like the look of the Isabella windbreaks, especially for stability, but the price of those things is ridiculous.

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
I’m reasonably fit and healthy, 2 things I do when setting up either our awning or sunshade.
I have a kneeling pad, that saves my knees.
I use screw in pegs and use an impact type drill, this follows a long bout of tennis elbow a few years back. The tennis elbow is aggravated by the hammering action.

Kev

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I like the look of the Isabella windbreaks, especially for stability, but the price of those things is ridiculous.
We use a Jormax windbreak and also a Kampa air windbreak. Using the drill and screw pegs the Kampa is up quickly. We also use screw pegs for the awning.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I to have problems with my bad back and right knee every time we get to a site I can hardly move been see a physio therapist he said you are going have to do it different . . If we get there tomorrow hoping of putting our new Vango Capella 220 Air Porch awning up and the new Vango Sentinel windbreak

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I’m reasonably fit and healthy, 2 things I do when setting up either our awning or sunshade.
I have a kneeling pad, that saves my knees.
I use screw in pegs and use an impact type drill, this follows a long bout of tennis elbow a few years back. The tennis elbow is aggravated by the hammering action.

Kev
With my new porch awning there something for me to knee on to get down to do it (y)

Jun 27, 2021
Visit site
My first caravan, a 2nd hand Sterling came with a full sizeDorema awning , lovely thing. Took me about 2 hours on a dry windless day to put up two of us. Took it down after the weekend and put it straight on E bay, it was worth £600 I sold it for £50.
We went through very lightweight porch awnings, now I use a Sunncamp Air awning 220. Takes me about 30 minutes to fully peg down. We dont sit out in it at nights it is to store the seats and tables if it is going to rain.

We have one of those. Great piece of kit for not a lot. 😃

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts