full time touring and working

Mar 21, 2006
Visit site
We are planning to sell the house and go touring for a number of years. We are not of independant means so will need to work as we go. Is anyone doing this have you any advice re; income tax, recieving post, we are on prescribed tablets how do we get these? What jobs are available anything considered, can we get caravan insurance any and all advice welcome. William

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi William

What a grand idea, touring and living in your van. However, I would suggest, if you can manage, not to sell your property. Why not rent it out for the duration of your tour. Then you will have something to come home to. If you still have a mortgage to pay then set the rental to cover it with a bit more on top. Disconnect the phone and ensure that the people renting pay all the utility bills. If you put your property in the hands of a rental agent you should have less problems.

Good luck to you.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
That is a good idea, if your home is in a university town you may find that the Uni would take the house on a contract.

You get paid monthly and they take on the landlord roll and any worries about their staff or students that they house in your home.

Some Uni's do this and a guy I know gets a better income than the invested income the sale price his home would have brought in

and his house is increasing value!

Mar 21, 2006
Visit site
That is a good idea, if your home is in a university town you may find that the Uni would take the house on a contract.

You get paid monthly and they take on the landlord roll and any worries about their staff or students that they house in your home.

Some Uni's do this and a guy I know gets a better income than the invested income the sale price his home would have brought in

and his house is increasing value!
Hi william here thanks for advice so far live close to Uni of Ulster at Jordans so will look into that idea has anyone gone touring like this?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts