Fully serviced pitches.

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
I intend to search out a fully serviced pitch in Cornwall but not sure how long the waste and water hoses that I carry should be. Can anybody give me a an approx😊

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I intend to search out a fully serviced pitch in Cornwall but not sure how long the waste and water hoses that I carry should be. Can anybody give me a an approx😊
On most sites the waste water drain in at the rear of the pitch so just behind the van.
I use a hose that goes from the waste connection in the side of the van to about 6 feet behind the van and have always found this to be long enough

Reactions: Joe M
Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
On most sites the waste water drain in at the rear of the pitch so just behind the van.
I use a hose that goes from the waste connection in the side of the van to about 6 feet behind the van and have always found this to be long enough

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
o_O:astonished:I am sure that someone will give you a measurement but without sounding facetious, it depends on how far you are from the tap and the drain! The reason I say this is that we were on some very nice large services pitches but the drain was at the rear of the long pitch and the tap was a double arrangement but between two pitches so that for us, it was on the near side of the van, on the other side of the awning. It was a stretch for the hose pipe and a good job we had a hose extension. This is unusual and a bit extreme but can happen.
Don’t stress though
Mel

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve never had a problem with the hose from the tap but it’s been close at times because as already mention it depends on which side of the tap you are, I’ve struggled even more with the waste pipe going to the drain, I’ve bought a good length of the corrugated drain pipe and a few joint pieces because if it’s near you need it short or it doesn’t drain as well, so if you can join several pieces you can tailor it for the best run.

BP

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We carry two "Flexi" waste hoses 3 meteres each. And two water suppy hoses , one a 5 meter aqua roll one, and a flat roll, non food compliant type. Just for a just in case. .

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm with Mel on the water hose situation, carry an extension, also make sure it is of food grade, not a normal hosepipe!!
And I'm with Beepee on the waste carry 3 or 4 different lengths and some connectors.
Oh and 9 times out of 10 you will have to supply the tap connector for the water hose.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We carry two "Flexi" waste hoses 3 meteres each. And two water suppy hoses , one a 5 meter aqua roll one, and a flat roll, non food compliant type. Just for a just in case. .
Why do you carry a non food compliance hose Hutch? Is it for washing your van on site:)

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Belt and braces. Carry lots-and add to it if you arrive anywhere you're short-eventually you'll have enough-sort of what we've done with both. 3 bits of blue water pipe and lots of joiners and 3 lengths grey waste pipe -which tbh I hate as it never goes back in the bag!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Why do you carry a non food compliance hose Hutch? Is it for washing your van on site:)
No its so we can rent it to others without a hose.
I am not bothered about using a hose pipe, I have lasted 67 years so far, I still eat sausages and bacon, lived most of my life overseas, in the swamps and Bush. My house probably has lead water pipes. And i drive a diesel car. I Love beer, and my wife. . A non food compliant ,hose pipe for a few days, Other things to worry about.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We use a number of sites for fully serviced. Im not sure I agree that all waste drains are at the rear, Dornafield for one has them between pitches in the centre of the van, two vans share the facilities though there are two drains. Its ok for the van that has its waste outlet next to the drain, but for the van ont'other side it can be a bit of a stretch. I would advocate that you buy quite a long length and cut to size on arrival for what it costs. You can also buy a joint so the offcut isnt wasted if you ever need longer.
On longer runs its sometimes hard to get an even fall towars the drain so I use some extra long pegs, pushed into the ground further the nearer you get to the drain, and attach the waste by rubber pegging bands to these pegs.

I concur about getting an extra length of food grade pipe too and a hozelock connector will do the job. Dont forget there are two ways to pipe the water to your caravan, one using a ballcock within the water barrel and the other direct to the caravan. Everyone has different preferences, I prefer the former.

Reactions: Joe M and JezzerB
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I started to use fully serviced pitches last year if available the main reason was the supply of water to the water butt which saved me topping it up for the shower when we use it,

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Love serviced sites-apart from emptying the loo there isthen nothing to do other than enjoy the holiday (our flush is from the mains water too).We just feel then like we have had a hotel break!

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
Serviced pitches.....luxury! Unfortunately, being a tight-ar##d Yorkshireman, a tap and a socket are our main requirements. Though we usually do enjoy the plus of a 'serviced pitch' by default (as many are) when abroad. Though if said tap is near enough, i carry enough kit to hook up to it.
I note someone mentioned you will always need a tap connector. This leaves me with a wry smile. As after six days leaving mine on a communal tap used by myself and a number of French/Dutch campers, the seventh day saw a UK motorhome pull up and make use of it. On the eighth day he was gone. So was my connector!:unsure:

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Serviced pitches.....luxury! Unfortunately, being a tight-ar##d Yorkshireman, a tap and a socket are our main requirements. Though we usually do enjoy the plus of a 'serviced pitch' by default (as many are) when abroad. Though if said tap is near enough, i carry enough kit to hook up to it.
I note someone mentioned you will always need a tap connector. This leaves me with a wry smile. As after six days leaving mine on a communal tap used by myself and a number of French/Dutch campers, the seventh day saw a UK motorhome pull up and make use of it. On the eighth day he was gone. So was my connector!:unsure:
That's really naughty-i carry a couple just in case and a twin adapter from Aldi in brass so if there's a shared tap I have a quick word with the neighbour to see if they mind!

Reactions: Mike
Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
I always have at least one spare tap connector, but the twin adapter is a good idea, i've not thought about. Something to look into, methinks.

Reactions: JezzerB

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Yes a tap splitter is only a few quid and saves you having to disconnect the hose ( and getting squirted in the face) if you want to use the tap to fill the kettle ( I think the water tastes better direct from the tap)
mel

Reactions: JezzerB
Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi all and thanks to FrintonMike for your response and to Hutch, I'm with you sausages, bacon, diesel and lead pipes mmm yumee😊.
Thanks all.

Reactions: Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Two mains water hoses. Rarely use the extra but it has been necessary. Waste pipe . I have a Number of lengths collected over the years with easy fit joiners.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
No its so we can rent it to others without a hose.
I am not bothered about using a hose pipe, I have lasted 67 years so far, I still eat sausages and bacon, lived most of my life overseas, in the swamps and Bush. My house probably has lead water pipes. And i drive a diesel car. I Love beer, and my wife. . A non food compliant ,hose pipe for a few days, Other things to worry about.
I wasnt worried about your health Hutch, it was your good lady Elaine I was concerned for;)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
+1 for the Aldi spliter,I carry a 10m blue hose and a spare/extender 5m hose.
For waste pipes I carry 2x 3m 28mm corrugated hose,with a further 2.5m 25mm hose inside the extra pipe.This has served me on a multitude of pitch variations.My waste pipes are clipped to the bulkhead in gas locker.

Reactions: JezzerB and Joe M
Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
+1 for the Aldi spliter,I carry a 10m blue hose and a spare/extender 5m hose.
For waste pipes I carry 2x 3m 28mm corrugated hose,with a further 2.5m 25mm hose inside the extra pipe.This has served me on a multitude of pitch variations.My waste pipes are clipped to the bulkhead in gas locker.

looking at this has reminded me that we are away next week and I need to make sure that I take a selection of tap connectors as in the past I have found different types of taps at various sites

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
You can buy the 'Wilko angled tap connector' which looks like it will fit every tap out there because it is made of rubber and fastens with a jubilee clip,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts