Fully serviced pitches.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Looking at my mains adaptor kit, 15 years old now, it came with a variety of tap connectors. My favourite are the brass ones. They are cheap to buy. Best to carry a few spare “rubber” washers to avoid leaks. I will only use mains connection via the aquaroll. I am not convinced nor confident the caravan plumbing is man enough to handle mains pressure.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
I read somewhere recently that the yellow colouring in Hozelock and the green colouring in other makes can be carcinogenic, so brass fittings look like a good idea. I use a brass two-way splitter, and carry a stainless steel tap adapter for the places that are not serviced pitches and don't have an adapter on the tap (or it has been stolen.)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I read somewhere recently that the yellow colouring in Hozelock and the green colouring in other makes can be carcinogenic, so brass fittings look like a good idea. I use a brass two-way splitter, and carry a stainless steel tap adapter for the places that are not serviced pitches and don't have an adapter on the tap (or it has been stolen.)
I would think you would have to eat a lot of couplings to be at risk. Guess you will be giving up alcohol, sausages, smoked or preserved meats, bbq, fried foods etc. But at least Hoselock et haven’t yet been condemned by the cardiologist.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I can't see companies like Hozelock using materials in their production process that could cause cancer,

Reactions: Parksy
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I've just come back from a few wild(weather wise😉) days at knaresborough camc site.Thought I'd have a wander around the serviced pitches,why the hell they didn't put the bollard where the peg is I've no idea,instead you have to run all your pipes across where you MUST park your car.
I know what some will say" but if you put bollard where the peg is someone will back into it" maybe it's just me but some sites/rules are bonkers.

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
You can buy the 'Wilko angled tap connector' which looks like it will fit every tap out there because it is made of rubber and fastens with a jubilee clip,
Aldi have brass hose connectors including a 2 way splitter for £4.99. online from today and in store from Wednesday. I will be in the store on Wednesday

Reactions: JezzerB
Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
Cheers Dave, I was on the CT forum but due to abuse from members and anti semitism, and ridicule I left. I noticed that some one else on this Forum left CT because of freedom of speech. I also read about the reason that Swift Group were kicked out.

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
This is my waste pipe setup, the bottom picture, all parts available from Wickes or most DIY stores its 32mm plastic pipe and push fittings. I have four 1mts lengths and the last section is a 40mm with a 32mm pushed inside to make a variable length extension ( a bit like a telescope. You can make the hangers from spare awning skirt or 6mm wooden dowel, a bit of webbing strap (handle of a morrisons bag) and some velcro. Handy if you have a sewing machine but can be hand stitched together they are also available on ebay. I use a standard whale connector to my caravan inlet and also have a separate spare extension for if the tap is a little further.

Attachments

• caravan drain.jpg
    caravan drain.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: WayneS and DaveA1

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Rodgethedodge, welcome to the forum.
There's not a lot happening with caravanning at the moment but any tips are always welcome.
I can't comment about other forums but if you have any similar issues here (which is unlikely) please let Damian or myself know and we'll sort it out.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
I have done the same with the push fit piping but our Buc doesn't have entries for the lower groove on the offside-so I have bought some 32mm pipe clamps and poked a tent stake through them-i shall then hammer them in lower and lower to create a fall and clip the pipe into them! Can't try this yet but i have lots of heavy duty awning stakes and the clips were 99p each so notmuch to waste!

Reactions: Rodgthedodge
Jun 23, 2019
Visit site
I suggest carrying a roll or two of PTFE tape for any brass connections to stop the annoying drips on the tap connections. Tool station very cheap at 25p a roll,

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
I have done the same with the push fit piping but our Buc doesn't have entries for the lower groove on the offside-so I have bought some 32mm pipe clamps and poked a tent stake through them-i shall then hammer them in lower and lower to create a fall and clip the pipe into them! Can't try this yet but i have lots of heavy duty awning stakes and the clips were 99p each so notmuch to waste!
That's a really good idea saves mucking about with pegs and bits of wood etc. if your caravan has a side awing groove.
If you dont have the side awning track you can just use suction hooks from Wilko or (best ones are from IKEA)

Attachments

• waste pipe hooks.jpg
    waste pipe hooks.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
I can't see companies like Hozelock using materials in their production process that could cause cancer,

Yes, except that Hozelock make fittings for use with a garden house. I notice for instance that the ready-made blue hoses (indicating suitable for drinking water) that Aquaroll make have grey fittings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts