Funny names

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There was an item on tv today about people with funny names eg Wendy who married Mr House and became a Wendy House or Teresa who married Mr Green and became Teresa Green (these are real people who were interviewed on the programme). My wifes friend from school was christened Teresa by her parents, Mr& Mrs Green (thats just silly!) and she has a friend, Gay who married Mr Bird and became a Gay Bird !

Do you know any others? Jim.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I believe that Steve (Stavros) Parish ex bike racer and now BBC commentator has PEN 1 S.

Why anyone would want that on a car I have no idea, but I have come across a few that deserve it!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Back in the 60's I knew a Mr & Mrs Duck who named their son Donald & I went to school with Wendy Avenlast & James Riddel (All True) Makes you wonder what the parents were thinking about!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A firm I had some dealings with a few years ago in Bristol had a PA to the CEO who got married and became Mrs Lapper. Her first name was Sandra.

She delighted in signing documents S.Lapper

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Far too many years ago now at school there was a spate of book names linked to silly author names. The two I remember best were:-

Russian Ruptures by Enoch A Bollockoff

Russian Fleas by Ivan Hellofanich

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Far too many years ago now at school there was a spate of book names linked to silly author names. The two I remember best were:-

Danger on the Cliffs by Eileen Dover

Chinese Perfume by Hu Let Wang

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
We had a young girl who came to work for us about 2 years ago......her name was Sharon Lapper,,,,,,,S.Lapper

She was one of the nicest girls you could wish to meet and good at her job too!

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site

In college after my own name on the register I'd write Alec Balls on the next line. I had one lecturer read it out 3 times before he realized what he was admitting to.

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
My friends mum was Teresa Green (she must have loved her hubby to marry him and get that name)

One company I worked for had a manager in the Indian Branch called Mr Dikshit

At school my friends granfather (born before the days of carpets) was called Walter Wall

in the Hemel Hempstead phone book in the 70's was a Mr W.Ankers

if you go to http://www.drakesvision.com/sria/cheshire.htm in the position of Provincial 3rd Ancient is one Dr.Paul Mycock,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My mother had a friend called Lydia, who married Mr Kettle.That one I know to be true, but Mr and Mrs Carte calling thier son Orson, I cannot vouch for. Good though, int it?

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
A good friend of mine, a Mr Case had Justin on his short list for his soon to arrive son. Fortunatly he realised in time and changed it to Mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts