fuses keep blowing

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
before i start thanks to all who replied to my gas change dilema much appreciated. fuses keep blowing when i turn my tap on i renewd 1 m/switch placed wires in correct sequence to create circuit to activate pump caravan is a elddis hurricane gtx [1989] model can some one help please

G

If a fuse keeps blowing then there is a short somewhere. You will have to start at the beginning and check whether a wire has shorted, or a switch. A 12 volt tester is going to be required. If it is just the one tap that is causing the problem then you know where to start, otherwise isolate, or disconnect everything and connect one at a time. This could take a while I am afraid, and if it is a wire shorting it could be 'hidden' behind a panel.

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
If a fuse keeps blowing then there is a short somewhere. You will have to start at the beginning and check whether a wire has shorted, or a switch. A 12 volt tester is going to be required. If it is just the one tap that is causing the problem then you know where to start, otherwise isolate, or disconnect everything and connect one at a time. This could take a while I am afraid, and if it is a wire shorting it could be 'hidden' behind a panel.
thanx pal ive checed tap switches all ok thinking about it now am gonna go for a short circuit from j/box

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Andrew,

It occurs to me that the pump itself may have the short circuit. to check, disconnect the pump, and turn on a tap: does the fuse blow? if not then it points to the pump being at fault.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts