future behavior

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Now then.I'm going away tonight till Monday. The last two times I've been away, I've come back to chaos on this forum,first with someone imitating CliveV,then the whole forum disappeared the second time!I want none of this this time or there could be trouble when I return.You'll all get detention with he who shall be nameless!So be warned!See you all on Monday.

PS. I'm not going till this afternoon though!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Are you saying that it was all your fault Emmo :)

Get yerself a lap top if you haven't got one and a mobile connection and then we will be safe in your guiding hands ;-)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As imitation is the highest form of flattery - I shall await my next "positive stroke" from the emotionally challenged marsupial with interest.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ok Emmerson, but you do realise that if over the weekend we all get on like a house on fire and all is sweetness and light, people may start to put two and two together.

Just a thought bud, don't let it spoil your weekend.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lets just all sit down with our favourite tipple and watch the Rugby. Looks like being the best 6 nations ever.

The English look to get back to where they were!

The Welsh want to do it again!

The Scots have a lot to prove!

The French can never be underestimated!

The Irish on a good day can take on anyone!

The Italians beet the Scots in their very first 6 Nations match! Will this be their year?

And what I like best!!!

The fans are well-behaved and a great time is had by all with no obnoxious silliness.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I totally agree with that Clive, 2 years ago I went to watch Wales v Scotland at the mellenium stadium in Cardiff. What an atmospher, Much better than the football, Im English and was mixed in with the Scotts and welsh. Not a hint of aggression off the pitch Just good fun and lots of drinking.

Fantastic

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yep! - and all have a few beers together afterwards!

Mind you I hate to see deliberate fouls and think the awarding of penalties should be taken up in football.

I believe that would stop the nonsense pretty quick.

G

I can concur with the enjoyment gained from the game of rugby. Far better than watching a bunch of 'girl's blouses' as you get in footie. And before anyone tries to do me, I am merely quoting the headline on the front page of a national newspaper.

Mind you at Murrayfield the biggest cheer usually went up when somebody announced England were being beaten, regardless of what was happening on the pitch infront of us.

So let 'battle' commence and may the team with the whisky sponsors win???

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Rugby? Apart from those ever so rare times when a streaker invades the pitch, it's as dull as dishwater. Like watching darts on TV you need a pint and a bag of pork scratchings to make it palatable. Try the great game of golf and see what a real mans sport is like; nobody hit's their balls harder!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The only good thing about golf is that you can have a decent walk and a good drink at the 19th. hole. The act of trying to put a small ball in a hole in a very large ball is about as entertaining to me as watching either paint dry or the grass grow.

G

Being someone from the country who invented the game of golf, it always amuses me the number of my countrymen who don't actually play the game. They find it far more profitable to charge exorbitant sums to foreigners to play what are basically municipal courses, ones where I as a boy used to p.ss about on for a shilling a go, and got bored by the 10th.

Even the Old Course is still a municipal course and the locals get to play it for a pittance. The Japanese tried to buy it a good few years back when they bought the Old Course Hotel, but found out later it didn't include the course itself. Now who would do a thing like that???

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Scotch Lad - this is similar to the fate that the Yanks suffered when they bought London Bridge - they thought they were buying Tower Bridge. It's great when we manage to get one over a foreign country and take them for a ride such as this and the case you have highlighted.

G

When you say 'foreign country' you weren't mentioning something like E.....d were you??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good gracious me no - would I do anything to insult/harm an English person - we need them to provide the extra funding to the Principality to provide for our rich standard of living - as I was taught one should never look a gift horse in the mouth.

G

Agreed. Long live the Barnett Formula where we get more per capita than those poor sods down south. Mind you as we have a Scot in charge of the finances maybe that is why. We also get to vote on their issues when they can't vote on ours. Sounds crazy to me, but that's politics. When I lived in Nottinghamshire I had to be careful what I said in case the locals twigged what was going on.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are not quite so fortunate as you in Scotland. Scotland was once a Kingdom and has far greater respect from those down south. Wales, in the eyes of those the other side of the dike, is only a Principality, we did once have a king but they wont recognise this fact. We are therefore to a certain extent still under their legal system in many instances. The Welsh Assembly is purely a plaything for those in Westminster unlike your Scottish Government.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Shame the building in Scotland cost so much!

I am all for devolution and was staggerred when old "two jags" proposal for an English assembly was rejected!

Having regional assemblies reporting to a UK overall Government seemed sensible to me and was a logical progression.

And I think Prescott, overall, is an idiot!

Lost oportunity in my view.

So we English will just have to win on the Rugby field!!!

So lets have a chat Sunday night about the results - and for the moddies sake - lets keep it clean!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive perrish the thoght otherwise, there is not a dirty thought in my mind as I am a member of a God fearing nation of singers and rugby players. Regarding your comment on the cost of the Scottish Parliamnet I don't suppose you have heard about the new Welsh Assembly building - it is not yet finished but at the last prediction it will cost approx. three times the initial anticipated price. Devolution in my opinion is only anothe tier of political control. Although I have never been in favour of the EU why break a country into four small governing states when it would appear that the assumed way forward is an United States of Europe. God help us when the eastern block countries of Europe are strong enough to dictate the policies. Bring back the British Commonwealth and lets have the Queen as our Head of State not some idiot in Brussels. We have lost the "Great" in Great Britain.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I'm puzzled by your response, Colin, as you seem to be contradicting yourself. On the one hand you moan about devolution endangering Great Britain to be split up, on the other hand you've got something against unification of Europe. I can't quite see the logic. If we're all one happy family, then we should allow everyone to join but if we aren't, we might as well let everyone go their own way.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lolly,

I,ve sorted the problem !!!! We are all moving to Lord B's estate ( see Our Web Site )under TO THE MODERATOR.Perhaps everyone should leave their name so that he knows how many to cater for !!!! :eek:) :eek:)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lutz I dont think theres many who could now explain the internal politics of the U.K. since all this devolution cr*p. The cost is enormous notwithstanding the cost of building a Scottish Parliament. Where the stupidity of it is concerned a Scottish MP can vote for a particular law in Scotland and vote against it for England/Wales but English or Welsh MPs cant do likewise. For example the smoking ban in public places, one Scottish MP voted for a total ban for Scotland but disagreed on it for England so voted for a partial ban. My cousin Tarquin at Ballypluckit Castle keeps me informed and tells me the hordes north of the border are no longer satisfied with being supplied with broth and sackcloth and now need to be placated.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Lolly,

I,ve sorted the problem !!!! We are all moving to Lord B's estate ( see Our Web Site )under TO THE MODERATOR.Perhaps everyone should leave their name so that he knows how many to cater for !!!! :eek:) :eek:)
What a good idea Maureen! what does Lord B say?!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lutz I apologise if my posting is not as clear as I intended. The point I was trying to make is that the UK should stay united but remain with a Commonwealth and not enter into the EU and be dictated to by some idiot in Brussells. For many hundreds of years we have managed to run our country and make laws very successfully without outside interfearence - why should this now change? I hope I have now made myself a little clearer. I am not in favour of either devolution or the EU.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts