Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
How coincidental that The Colonel got shot in an ambulance full or rebels
And he was the only one to get shot, thats just bad luck

I always thought he had lovely, kind eyes and a gorgeous smile, but she wished he'd get a haircut

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Call me cynical. Why is it that Western countries only help overthrow leaders of countries that have oil, but leave vicious murdering dictators in countries which were former BRITISH colonies and have British citizens still living in them, but have no oil?
Mugabe of Zimbabwe makes Gadaffi look like a choir boy as within the first year of his rule he killed over 10,000 of his own people by the N Korean trained 5th brigade. He continues with hsi killing spree and every day makes thousands homeless. However regarding Gadaffi it is always nice to see a another dictator disposed!

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a dear friend of some 60 years that is the spitting image of Gaddafi, it's a good job he wasn't in Libya this week.
The other thing that amazes me about the freedom fighters, don't they think the bullets they fire in the air have to come down somewhere???

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
The term "Freedom fighters" always amuses me as one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. Lets hope that they have not freed themselves to end up under another dictatorship like Iran or a ruling party like the Taliban!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Surfer said:
The term "Freedom fighters" always amuses me as one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. Lets hope that they have not freed themselves to end up under another dictatorship like Iran or a ruling party like the Taliban!

I fear the worse. It's already reported that the Islamist Party is the better organised as it was/is in Egypt and look what's happening there now. The religion of peace is now openly persecuting Christians where 24 have been killed recently. The Egyptian forces of law and order just stand by and let it carry on.
It was only the hatred for Gaddafi that united the many political/religeous/tribal factions but now it's all over they will be segregating. No doubt when elections are held they will be rife with corruption.
It is only oil that will save Libya from going down the same road as Egypt but that isn't guaranteed.
I shouldn't worry too much about Zimbabwe Surfer. Successive governments have absolved themselves of any responsibility or guilt by sending, over the years, billions in aid
smiley-wink.gif

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Lets hope Sylvester Stalones mum does'nt go to libya for a holiday if she does all bets are off and the wars back on.
Not so bad if mixed with a heard of camels, if they are all walking away from you ,you might just spot her.

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
There is more chance of dying after getting caught in a sewer pipe and then shot through the head than dying of smoking related illnes, as Colonel Gadaffis doctor told him.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Not sure how much of tjhis is true although I knwo some of it is;

The media has successfully painted Gaddafi as a hard-core dictator, tyrant whatever you want to call him. However, the media as usual has also failed to show the kind, giving Gaddafi we never heard of. Gaddafi unlike most dictators I will refrain from naming them has managed to show his humane side, the very side we dream of seeing in other dictators who just talk and talk.
I consider Libyans lucky to a certain extent and one wonders with the new democratic rule they cry for will it improve or worsen life for them Yes, Gaddafi has spent millions of Libya`s money on personal ventures but is the average Libyan poor? We know others who take a country and destroy it until you feel like there is no hope of restoring this country… looting some prefer to call it. Did Gaddafi loot Libya in any way?
Now let us get to the unknown facts about the Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi:
1. There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.
2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
3. Home considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafi’s father has died while him, his wife and his mother are still living in a tent.
4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.

5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%.
6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick-start their farms – all for free.
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US$2,300/mth accommodation and car allowance.
8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – now frozen globally.

11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US$5,000
14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.15
15. 25% of Libyans have a university degree
16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.

Which other dictator has done much good to his people?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
This reminds me of my favourite film which was on again over the weekend.............
'Apart from all that - what have the Roman's ever done for us?'

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
One thing that is for sure that is not on that list of carp is that all Allied war graves and have been kept in immaculate condition and looked after by the government. Whether this will continue to happen is debateable.

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The Lockerbie bombing was a terrible act of terror and yes I have visited the memorial there, but I wonder if Libya was used as a scapegoat.
I have, like many people watched documentaries and read various articles on this atrocity, but it seems to me the only thing linking Libya to it was a piece of timer printed circuit board the size of a postage stamp that just happened to be found in a forest and coincidentally had the serial number of the company that made it and therefore could then be traced to Libya.
Now, considering that the wreckage was spread nearly the width of of the UK I find this hardly plausible.
I look forward to your replies.

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I live 11 miles from lockerbie, if flight 103 had been on time leaving Germany and then Heathrow it would have been well over the Atlantic when the bomb went off . So saying that all the heavy wreckage would have sunk and would have been a lot harder to pinpoint bomb origin. At no time in the past 23 years has gadaffi denied any part of the bombing, the only scapegoat was the guy that was convicted of the attack. There is no way he planned and carried out the bombing of flight 103 alone . He is in my opinion inocent. Two years before hand the Americans bombed libya .

Also i am not going to get into a debate about this.

Dougie.....

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Parksy said:
This reminds me of my favourite film which was on again over the weekend.............
'Apart from all that - what have the Roman's ever done for us?'

The Life of Brian.
Taken from the Life of Brian we had "Allways look on the Brightside " at FIL's recent funeral.
Forget Gadaffi now , he had his just dessert.
Lockerbie? Just a shame certain minor government ministers were so soft in letting the "perpetrator " free on compassionate grounds . How come he's still alive???????????
I'll get reptriated to England if I fall ill in Scotland
smiley-laughing.gif

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Its a funny old world innit, not allowed to mention the name of a compamy providing dodgy service or one going into administration, but we are allowed to laugh and joke at the fact that a human being was dragged from an irrigation ditch and then shot in the head.
But Hey! roolz is roolz.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
gm4pgv said:
Its a funny old world innit, not allowed to mention the name of a compamy providing dodgy service or one going into administration, but we are allowed to laugh and joke at the fact that a human being was dragged from an irrigation ditch and then shot in the head.
But Hey! roolz is roolz.

But he can't sue
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts