GARLESTON SITE SCOTLAND

Nov 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi there John. There are 2 sites at Garlieston that I know of, one is the Caravan Club site, and the other is the Garlieston lodge CCC certified site (5 caravans max) which won the best CCC cert site in 2008. While your there visit the botanical gardens near Portpatrick and Portpatrick itself and the Mull of Galloway.I found Stranrear run down a bit, rough, noisy rowdy bars, when I was there about 5 years ago, the post office was robbed by a 12 year old lad which speaks volumes. Ive heard a day trip on the ferry to Belfast is excellent, they say it feels more like a big town than a city. enjoy

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
The Caravan club site at Garleston is lovely but its in two parts the part which has the sea view and a part across the road with no view but very nice, it seems that if you book with an awning you get to go at the back which happened to us. We were a little disappointed as we would have rather had a sea view so next time we go we'll ring to book and make sure we are put onto the sea view site. The village is very small and has a pub within easy walking distance of the site. There's plenty to see and do in Dumfies and Galloway if you dont mind driving.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thank you when we booked the awning pitches were fully booked so we had to take one without awning so maybe we will be by the sea view.

we have a sunshade which fits into the awning rail I hope they let us put that up (we will see)

thanks John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts