Garlieston CC Site

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wendy,

We stayed here a few years ago.The site is divided into 2 separate areas with a road in between ( but it is only a road for the village so is not busy.)one part of the site overlooks the water,but when the tide goes out it is very muddy, from what I can remember.The other part of the site across the road has no views as such, but it does have its own toilet block.There was a small shop in the village for groceries 2min. walk from the site. During the summer there were day trips to the Isle of Man which seemed to be very popular.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Wendy,

We stayed here a few years ago.The site is divided into 2 separate areas with a road in between ( but it is only a road for the village so is not busy.)one part of the site overlooks the water,but when the tide goes out it is very muddy, from what I can remember.The other part of the site across the road has no views as such, but it does have its own toilet block.There was a small shop in the village for groceries 2min. walk from the site. During the summer there were day trips to the Isle of Man which seemed to be very popular.

Hope this is helpful to you.
Thanks Maureen :0)!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Wendy

My wife and I stayed at Garlieston for 4 nights last August. We enjoyed our stay and I have posted a full review at:

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=5612
We, spent most of our holiday at New England Bay CC site which is an easy couple of hours drive further westward. I've posted a review of that site on UK Campsite as well, if you're interested

I'm sure you'll enjoy this area of Scotland - we love it. Scotland in minature and easy to get to with excellent quality roads.

Incidentally we didn't see any mention of boat trips to the IOM when we there - the harbour seems to have rather fallen on hard times.

Best wishes

Tim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts