Gas BBQ external connections

Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
can anybody please advise me if there are new regulations relating to external gas bbq points. I am led to believe that the new regulations require an external connector to have an isolation valve fitted and not just a push fit connection. If this is correct when did the regulation apply from.

many thanks

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi - When we took delivery of our new caravan we were also issued with a special connector when using the external gas supply outlet. You should also have been issued with one for your 'van. If not, I would suggest you get in touch with your local dealer who I am sure will be happy to help.

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Have a bbq outlet fitted to my van but the isolation tap is inside the front locker before the push on fitting, do`es anybody know if that satisfies the current regulations?

Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
Just back from holiday to be told by my dealer that the older push fit connection is ok provided there is a seperat isolation tap. This is according to the Caravan Council.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our Abbey 2004 model has two isolations points, one next to the push on connector in the side hatch and then a main one on the front locker..I assumed this was satndard on most vans this age onwards?

Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
Our Abbey 2004 model has two isolations points, one next to the push on connector in the side hatch and then a main one on the front locker..I assumed this was satndard on most vans this age onwards?
Thanks Paul and Ruth.

I would agrea with you that this is hoiw it bshould be, but according to my dealer and the caravan Council, it is not.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i thought you only had one isolation point inside the front locker,my van is a 2004 model

can i suggest you check with the manufactor if you havent done all ready

Oct 1, 2005
Visit site
Edward your van is sound u dont have to change anything/upgrade, as long as its got an isolation valve thats fine.

All new bbq points either on the van or in the stores are now the valve on coupling type.

We have not heard of any regulation that tells us to fail a gas test cos thats not the type fitted on older vans.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts