GAS OVEN PROBLEM

Jul 15, 2023
Visit site
Hi all.
I have a Stove vanette 2200 cooker in my caravan.All was working fine the last time we used it.
But this trip out,we have found,the hob and grill work fine.But there dosent appear to be gas getting through to the oven.

We have checked the shut off valves and she has a new propane regulator fitted.Im assuming theres a blockage in the jet(if thats what its called) as
i cant smell any gas coming through.

Is it possible to unblock,or test for a blockage by poking something down the jet.Can anybody suggest some thing thin enough to have a poke with.
Or have any ideas on clearing the problem.

Many thanks
Pierre.

Jul 15, 2023
Visit site
Don’t poke anything down the jet. Use a hp air aerosols to try and clean the area if you think it’s a blocked jet.
Its getting access to the jet as its not far from the ovens back wall.i will try and get a spray in there but it wont be easy.Is there anything else i could try?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Possible a thermocouple problem. An easy and cheap job to change, but are usually a complete swine to get to.

Sometimes the thermocouple sensor has moved out of the flame and just needs bending a little back into position.

John

Reactions: PIERRE C.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I guess you may know this but I'll mention it anyway.

The glass lid on the hob has to be in the raised position for the oven to work. At least it does on ours.

This means there must be some kind of interlock between it and the gas supply.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 15, 2023
Visit site

The glass lid on the hob has to be in the raised position for the oven to work. At least it does on ours.

Yes i was aware about the lid having to be up.The hob and grill work fine,just gas not getting through to the oven only

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Possible a thermocouple problem. An easy and cheap job to change, but are usually a complete swine to get to.

Sometimes the thermocouple sensor has moved out of the flame and just needs bending a little back into position.

John
Because of what get cooked in ovens and the fact it has an open flame, its entirely possible some debris from cooking may have dripped into the burner assembly, blocking the gas jet.

The actual gas jet is tiny and some have a two stage diameter injector hole to control the gas flow into the burners venturi.. Poking the wrong sized cleaning pin will damage the burner.

However your users instructions should tell you how to clean the burner assembly, If you are not competent with the serviving of gas appliances you should use a qualified fitter,

FAO Jcloughie: Based on what we have been told, there is no smell of gas nor ignition, The thermocouple only comes into play once the flame has ignited to holdf the gas valve open, A failed thermocouple would not prevent the flame from starting whilst the gas valve is manually held open.

Consequently these symptoms cannot be caused by a thermocouple problem,

Reactions: PIERRE C.
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

We have the Thetford and no necessity for lid to be raised for oven to work so it seems there are exceptions however caravan is almost 6 years old.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Mileage may vary as they say. I've experience of 3 different makes of caravan and vintage from 1996 onwards and a Motorhome in 2006 all of which needed the glass lid open for the oven to work.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mileage may vary as they say. I've experience of 3 different makes of caravan and vintage from 1996 onwards and a Motorhome in 2006 all of which needed the glass lid open for the oven to work.
All ideas can only help. My last two caravans had separate gas taps for the fridge, hob, grill and oven.The hob lid played no part, other than extinguish the hob flame when shut.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts