Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
just purchased a gazebo for only £10:00 from argos for my garden ,but as we are off to france, we are expecting very hot weather i am thinking of using the gazebo for some shade, does any body eles use a gazebo? or are they frownd upon?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pete, its a good idea, we have a gazebo which we sometimes use instead of an awning,for weekends, which can have sides fitted, and as long as it provides shade that is the problem solved.

As for being frowned upon,if they are, no one has said anything to me about it, and as long as the site is ok with it,it really is no one elses business. Take it, use it, have fun.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pete,

As Dusty says many gazebos are used in France - Spain too. Do remember, though, being open sided they are more susceptible to being lifted by wind than awnings so need to be tied down somehow.

Jun 21, 2005
Visit site
As a Park Opperator we have been instructed by the local authority that if a gazebo has sides fitted it is then regarded as a tent and is therefore one of our permitted number. It then has to comply with the minimum distance rule for safety. That may not help you whilst in France but unfortunately we do have to restrict the use of gazebos at certain times depending upon spacing and sizes of units

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As a Park Opperator we have been instructed by the local authority that if a gazebo has sides fitted it is then regarded as a tent and is therefore one of our permitted number. It then has to comply with the minimum distance rule for safety. That may not help you whilst in France but unfortunately we do have to restrict the use of gazebos at certain times depending upon spacing and sizes of units
Good to know you guys are looking at this site and (hopefully) acting on the comments.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts