Generator

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
I am thinking of using a few more sites without mains electric next season and perhaps getting a small generator to power lights,fridge and tv.
What size generator would I need and does anyone have any recommendations on a make please?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My £28 two stroke 800 watt buzz box makes electricity but the noise! I'd be chucked off a site if I used it.
There much quieter ones available for £400 plus. They are four strokes and produce a lot more current with spike protection devices.
However if you want to run the fridge etc you'll have it running 24/7. Trust me you won't have many friends left on site.
Why not run the fridge on gas and use the on board battery for lights pump and radio.
Solar panels are popular and will help to keep the leisure battery charged.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......on all sites I have been where generators are allowed their use is restricted to certain hours meaning they are only really suitable for battery charging or powering the ladies essential hair driers!
Even then you are likely to annoy your neighbours if you run one.

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
We run a Honda 2i to watch TV and run anything else while it's on with no adverse comments. That's in a 5 acre site mind and it isn't on all day or night obviously. We have also found that the cost of the petrol plus the reduced site fee due to no electric is very often cheaper than paying for an electric hook up pitch. We also bought a generator cover from bags 4 everything so it can be run in the wet. The down side is that you have to cart it everywhere with you when you leave the van in case of theft and make sure you have petrol. We run the fridge on gas but last trip when the fridge wouldn't work on gas (now fixed) we boosted it on electric morning and night with the gennie and coped like that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts