German speaker.

Jun 19, 2006
Visit site
I was unfortunate to have an Austrian camper driver reverse into my car. The damage was not great but as I could not speak German The campsite owner sugested I get an estimate from the local Kia dealer and if it was not too much the other driver would give me the cash. We all agreed and off I went to the dealer. He must have thought 'we can make a killing here' as he quoted me 1000euro's. I was astonished but not as much as the other driver. I am sure he thought I was trying to 'rip him off'Anyway it was decided to go through the insurance. When I got home I had a quote for £150. I would like to write to the other party and offer him the chance to send me the money rather than go through the insurance and lose him his no claims bonus,which I am led to believe is quite expensive. What I would like is for someone who can write German to translate a letter for me if possible..If anyone can and is willing could they contact me on sadybaby@hotmail.co.uk and I will email the details. Thanks. Nigel

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Yes, I would be willing to translate the letter if you send it to me.

I don't know how claims are handled in Austria, but I cannot imagine that it's any different there than here in Germany. In Germany one is under obligation to notify one's insurer even if you have agreed to settle privately (just in case the other party has second thoughts later and decides to change their mind after leaving the scene of the accident). This doesn't have any effect on no-claims bonus though. In fact, you can have the insurance settle the claim and if you pay the insurance back later, they will reinstate your no-claims discount.

I will get in touch with you so that have an email address to which to send your letter.

By the way, the 1000 Euros quoted by the Kia dealer sounds very modest to me unless it was nothing more than a small respray job. I had a scratch on the rear bumper of my car which only required the relatively deep scratch to be filled and the lower half of the bumper to be resprayed and that already cost me 450 Euros.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Use yahoo Babelfish this will translate your letter.I use it for my bookings in Germany etc, My German is basic but I know enough that the translation in babelfish is virtually correct.

Ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts