Gizmo's, do we need/want them?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Volvo build their cars with buttons for everything in every car, but unless you order certain packages they don’t actually do anything. I’ve got a few on my car that are just ornaments!

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
To me the dash cam is the important one. I have dealt with the insurance claims and the amount of fraud and simple lies about what happened is a major problem. The dash cam is the best defence against this sort of thing and I would not ditch that.
.....unless you're to blame. ;);)

• Wow
Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I am still looking at the manual on my car there are other buttons and knobs hill hold cross traffic alert ,blind spot, rear camera front and back and sports mode heated seats and steering wheel.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My Dad’s first car had optional extras such as heater wing mirrors radiator muff radio fog lamp reversing light switch controlled.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
My Dad’s first car had optional extras such as heater wing mirrors radiator muff radio fog lamp reversing light switch controlled.
I'm surprised that radiator muffs, or their equivalent haven't been introduced to speed up diesel warm up and reduce official emissions figures - one or two top-end cars have them but not generally.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I'm surprised that radiator muffs, or their equivalent haven't been introduced to speed up diesel warm up and reduce official emissions figures - one or two top-end cars have them but not generally.
We used to blank off half the rad with cardboard

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
I've done that in the past on other cars - but my Touareg would need the front end stripping down to do the same unless the blanking is added to the outside
My Touareg has so many gizmos I haven't even found out what they all do! But, I must admit, I use those I have figured out ( except Lane Keep Assist) and enjoy them.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Reading about all these gizmos that people just can't manage without and can't help wondering how on earth we've managed for all these years!
My wife loves her car that only got electric windows, PAS, Remote central locking. steering wheel reach adjustment , driver airbag and passenger and she has owned it for 12 years

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Then decided after reading the replies above, OK will fit the dash cam
No I wont...............still cant find it!!!
FOUND IT-----------------------------------Its been in the Kia all the time!!!
Middle centre consul, covered by a cloth!!

Oh well just have to fit it now.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I was charging up my 3 Sat Navs, two for the car and my motorcycle one, now where is the mount for the latest caravan one ? searched everywhere, amongst the box of mounts for different cameras and tyrepal stuff.
Then I found it in the rear foot well, plugged into the rear power supply,hidden under the road map,

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I wonder how many people have looked for a gizmo turning the house or caravan upside down, then assuming it has been lost. They then buy another one and lol and behold 10 minutes later the errant gizmo appears. I hold up my hand! :D

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
I wonder how many people have looked for a gizmo turning the house or caravan upside down, then assuming it has been lost. They then buy another one and lol and behold 10 minutes later the errant gizmo appears. I hold up my hand! :D
Yep, me too, more times than I can count!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts