Goats,cows,pigs,chickens!

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
In another thread I mentioned that in the past we visited CLs where it was a working farm and the children(youngsters then)could watch and in some cases help the farmer,milk the coats,collect the eggs from the chickens etc.Davie wants to know if anyone can give details of sites where this is possible.So do you know of a CL that allows the children to help?

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
The Plotter

In todays world we have a problem re your request. We have a CL on our farm Sorry no cows but other animals mostly pigs . I am delighted to take visitors to see the animals usaly from the inside of the land rover. we are not permited to let them have a hands on aproach health and safty etc. I have to add there is a two way risk for the visitor could get some bug from the animals and they could give them some as well. The problem as I see it is we all have to little contact with earthy type bugs hence no reistance. by this I include e coli etc so when you do come in contact the results are not good. so my advise re your request is I am sure you can find a farm that will fill your needs but please take care.

David from Suffolk

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
As I say he request was not for myself but simply that when our children were young they enjoyed this type of experience you will see in my reply to davie under(FAO The Plotter) that I said exactly what you have said that today with the HSE and our litigious society it will make farmers understandably cautious.I also made the point that should a farmer agree then he must be reassured that they will be supervised closely.Thankyou on his behalf for your reply it is a pity that experiences with farm animals is not possible as it was just this that made caravanning many years ago so pleasurable particularly for 'townies'

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
As I say he request was not for myself but simply that when our children were young they enjoyed this type of experience you will see in my reply to davie under(FAO The Plotter) that I said exactly what you have said that today with the HSE and our litigious society it will make farmers understandably cautious.I also made the point that should a farmer agree then he must be reassured that they will be supervised closely.Thankyou on his behalf for your reply it is a pity that experiences with farm animals is not possible as it was just this that made caravanning many years ago so pleasurable particularly for 'townies'
Plotter

How right you are its very sad but its a fact and we have to live with it,but we get a great deal of pleasure showing people what we do any why if it is only from the Land rover. having the CL has helped us understand how those who do not know how their food is produced are taken in by the media when there is yet another scare. besides we also get alot of fun with our visitors many are now friends. To me thats what caravaning is all about.

David from Suffolk

Sep 11, 2006
Visit site
The Plotter

In todays world we have a problem re your request. We have a CL on our farm Sorry no cows but other animals mostly pigs . I am delighted to take visitors to see the animals usaly from the inside of the land rover. we are not permited to let them have a hands on aproach health and safty etc. I have to add there is a two way risk for the visitor could get some bug from the animals and they could give them some as well. The problem as I see it is we all have to little contact with earthy type bugs hence no reistance. by this I include e coli etc so when you do come in contact the results are not good. so my advise re your request is I am sure you can find a farm that will fill your needs but please take care.

David from Suffolk
Where in Suffolk is your C-L ? dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts