godrevy park caravan club site, hayle, cornwall.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Fantastic site ,stayed there 4 times.Just cross the road outside the site and you are on the dunes .The beach is HUGE and never crowded. Lots to do in the area and good choice of restaurants in Hayle.Make sure you stand on the highest dune for the sunset.. We watched the eclipse from there. Brian (",)

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Fantastic site ,stayed there 4 times.Just cross the road outside the site and you are on the dunes .The beach is HUGE and never crowded. Lots to do in the area and good choice of restaurants in Hayle.Make sure you stand on the highest dune for the sunset.. We watched the eclipse from there. Brian (",)
thanks brian, nice to know you have been before.sick of looking at different sites so i just went ahead and booked it after seeing it in prac mag with good write up.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We've been going there for a lot longer than I care to remember (1970's before it was a CC site ) so it goes without saying that I like it.

It's had the facilities upgraded and extended in the last few years so everything is very up to date ( usual excellent CC standard ). As with most sites a lot depends on the Warden at the time, only one bad one in all those years, and of course on the 'neighbours'.

The nearest beach is across the dunes opposite and stretches back to the Hayle estuary. It's about 3 miles long. But be careful, at high tide the sea comes right up to the cliff face so there isn't a lot of sand left in some areas. It's great for evening walks, particularly if there is a good sunset and we've even seen dolphins swimming across the bay.

The site is on very sandy soil, so it never gets muddy even in the wettest weather. Tv reception is very good if that's important to you and if you can, choose a pitch that allows you to face your awning towards the road. That way you will get the best of any sun.

Have a great time

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts