Going South from Madrid

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Any advice on route travelling south from Madrid towards Alabecete would be welcome.
My choice is A3 via Tarancon or AP 36.
Does anyone know if AP 36 a toll road?
Seasonal Greetings and safe travels to all.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would use A3 and get away from Madrid ring road area as soon as possible (assuming you are coming from the north).
All 4 lane and saves some miles.
The short section of A31 before you get to Albecete has distances printed in blue on current Michelin map which usually indicates toll-free (otherwise printed in red).

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your speedy response Ray.
We will not be towing on this trip.
Speed is my main criteria but I don't know either route so thanks for your advice.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
We used the A3 when we went down that way, we started from Urrugne in France and did a long journey as far as Honrubia and stopped on the truck stop at junction 166. Its not our favourite solution for night halts but we did it 3 times without problem, parked with the trucks and ate in a reasonable "greasy spoon" that the drivers use. It was toll free all the way from Burgos onwards. If you did decide to use truck stops ( there are not a lot of sites around there) dont go any further than the one sugested as the newer sections of the motorway dont have much parking.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts