Golden Cap Caravan Park,Bridport

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.
Have been browsing websites for next years holidays and come across "Golden Cap Caravan Park,Chideok,Bridport.
Sounds like it could be the ideal site for us but wondering if anyone else here has stayed there before.
The main question I would like to ask is having looked on "Google Maps",I cant seem to fathom out exctly where the touring vans are sited.
It appears to be one site split into two next to a narrow lane,but all I can see is static caravans.(maybe I need glasses)
smiley-undecided.gif

Any help appreciated.
Adrian

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Both
We have stayed at the sister site of Highlands end for the spring bank holiday weekend for the past 8 years, as we have a large party three vans and two tents with age ranges from 5-55. This gives us the something for everyone although very busy as you would expect during a bank holiday. Always received good service and the meals at the club house are reasonably good value for money.
I would suggest you ring the enquiry line; the girls are very helpful and will explain about the access to Golden Cap.
WDL always keep the parks clean and tidy and all amenities cleaned daily.
My husband and I have both said if we go down to that area on our own we would probably book into Golden Cap because it is slightly smaller, you also have the added benefit that you can book a pitch with sea views.
In addition by booking into Golden Cap you can use all the facilities at Highlands End.
Hope this helps
Di
PS: Snap on the Caravan hope you love it as much as we do ours

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thank you for that info Di
smiley-smile.gif

Ive been down few narrow roads in my time both in my lorry and the van and I think it may help to find out from the site when would be the best time to arrive.(After 2-3pm I would imagine)
As for the Sancerre.......yep.......absolultly delighted with it.
Part exchanged our Champange for it at Chipping Sodbury Caravans and had the motor mover transferred over free of charge.
Only problem weve had so far (its going in for repair later this month under warranty)is the shower wall split on the rear wall of the caravan where the soap dish holder is.
It hasnt really caused us much inconvenience as we always use the site facilities.
Thanks once again.
Adrian

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to be slow to reply to your post (I am now an ex-caravanner and as you know solo drivers are a mite slow
smiley-wink.gif
), but I have stayed at the Golden Cap caravan site many times over my caravanning years and it has a beautiful location overlooking Lyme Bay. National Trust cliff walks either side, traditional pub on the beach - not much else. There are touring pitches at the front and the rear and obviously the front ones are more desirable.
However, points to mention - the access road is indeed very narrow and not for the faint-hearted if you meet a caravan outfit coming out!! Prices are high because of the desirable location, but even so you will need to book early to stand a chance of getting in...Very desirable site IMHO...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts