Golf

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anyone know of any good golfing sites? Preferably the golf course should be on or adjacent to the site.

South of the Scottish border if possible, SWMBO has a fear of biting midges if we travel any further North.

Thanks for your time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol, the CC site at Meathop Fell has a nice course just a short drive along the road towards Grange Over Sands. Scarborough also has two great golf courses North Cliff and South Cliff with a number of caravan sites nearby. We tend to use the West Ayton CC site when we go to Scarborough which is up to the usual club standards, but if there are several nice sites in the Scarborough area.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
LOL it just depends on the time of year for the midges. The

Best Golf in the world is in Scotland.

Boat of Garten or Grantown on Spey both good sites with Golf on the door step. If your good !!! try Royal Dornoch, and then play Brora, Golspie, Royal Tain, Bonar Bridge etc. Midges are not the same problem on the East coast.

Val & Frank

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Hello Lol

we whent to lakeland its a haven site near grange over sands.

they have a golf course on site, 18 holes i think.

Its on site but its a proper golf club. The course looked in excellent condition.

They also have a 9 hole pitch and put course which i went on with my son who is only 6 and wants to learn how to play, he loved it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your help, everyone. It just goes to show how difficult it is to find a site that ticks all the right boxes. They are out there, but finding them is another matter.

Thanks again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi the www.theplassey.co.uk is a very nice site as golf on site as swimming pool and small shops in a court yard good faclities

also unity farm burnham on sea as golf on site and trevornick newqauy cornwall

from sue

hi the www.theplassey.co.uk is a very nice site as golf on site as swimming pool and small shops in a court yard good faclities

from sue
Yes, I too would suggest you have a look at The Plassey Leisure Park - we have a full size 9 hole Golf Course, Driving Range, Clubhouse, and inhouse PGA instructor should you wish to have some tuition.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

John Brookshaw MD The Plassey Leisure Park

www.theplassey.co.uk

PS Thanks for recommending my park, Sue......the cheque is in the post!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

from sue
I have looked! You're waiting for the 2007 price list.

So am I!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the info Sue, just booked with the site. Reasonable prices and a fishing lake swung the deal. Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts