Gone and done it

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you should get an orange hook up lead with your caravan as it is new, also a step so no need to buy them, and then see what else you can get the dealer to include free even if it is only the toilet fluids every little helps!

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
otherclive said:
CustardAvenger said:
Thingy said:
Back to the flip flops, i meant rubber ones for the same reason as the crocs, but you dont look as if you are wearing the caravanners uniform.
We have some rather posh and expensive ones, Felipe Fallops.

"Caravanners uniform" :p

It does feel like that and I keep them in the caravan! But I hate wearing flip flops! Have some for the pool or whatever, but I fall over them and then can't get them on with a wet foot.

Mustn’t forget the Onesie for morning ablutions in the site facilities :)

You've gone too far! Shorts and tshirt is perfectly adequate. :p

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
woodsieboy said:
I think you should get an orange hook up lead with your caravan as it is new, also a step so no need to buy them, and then see what else you can get the dealer to include free even if it is only the toilet fluids every little helps!

With my Sprite I got the hook up cable and an MGI/Millenco single step. I think this is mandatory with all new caravans. The dealer pack I got included Aquaroll, wastemaster, waste pipe, leisure battery, 1 steel Calor propane bottle, and some 1ltr of pink and blue toilet fluid.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Thingy said:
This has got me trying to remember how many awnings we have had. I can certainly recall four Isabellas inc current, three Dorema, two good one bad, two Bradcot and two Kampa air awnings. When you price that lot up its somewhere in the region of £14k.

I don't feel so bad about the Vango Driveaway awning I've used once. :blink:

May 29, 2018
Visit site
All great thanks. We’re taking careful note. The van comes in October and I’ll take all advice on board.

The dealer is throwing in wastemaster, aquaroll, battery and gas bottle and hopefully fluids.

As a bonus and as we’re basically mental. We’ve decided to match our new van with a new tow car .....

Step aside 2010 Sportage, make way for a 2018 Outlander DI-D

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Very nice !! New car and van ! Talk about starting from scratch !!
As custard avenger was saying when he got his van , we are the same as when we picked our sprite up last year we also got the orange hook up cable even though we already had one so now I have 2 and a small step which got given away as we already had our large one , keep a lookout in Aldi and Lidl as these tend to do caravanning bits and bobs , that's where we got our step from ! I think you have scored really well with regards to getting what you have gettin not forgetting the mover being the biggest saver !
( and I thought getting the bike rack and external socket was good ) !! ;)

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Very nice !! New car and van ! Talk about starting from scratch !!
As custard avenger was saying when he got his van , we are the same as when we picked our sprite up last year we also got the orange hook up cable even though we already had one so now I have 2 and a small step which got given away as we already had our large one , keep a lookout in Aldi and Lidl as these tend to do caravanning bits and bobs , that's where we got our step from ! I think you have scored really well with regards to getting what you have gettin not forgetting the mover being the biggest saver !
( and I thought getting the bike rack and external socket was good ) !! ;)

We also already had a 25m EHU cable which is used to power the van on the drive before a trip. The new one is packed away in the van so it isn't forgotten!

I would have liked an external power socket but so far it would not have been used. Our dealer (Broad Lane Leisure) offers a Sprite Based dealer special which has the external power and gas connection + a solar panel. They changed the standard upholstery and that put us off sadly. I guess these can be added fairly easily.

Another good place is Amazon... they sell carravanning stuff and also check ebay for used items. I managed to get a 2nd Aquaroll from a local seller which was almost new and another wheel clamp which looked new once I'd cleaned it. (Forgot that a Wheel Clamp & Hitch Lock, both Millenco, were in the dealer pack.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts