Gone

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, its all gone now. I feel my own personnel choice and even my civil liberties have been eroded to the extent where I can no longer drive what I wish. The constant harping from the anti 4x4 brigade which has infected so many (what I thought) trustworthy organizations has finally broken down my barriers so the Sorento has now been sold. We now have an aged Peugeot 106 that's done a million miles so that we cause as little impact on the environment as possible

Thanks, all you tree huggers.

So let me tell you what all you anti 4x4 people have left us with. The caravan we so dearly loved (Bailey Wyoming) has gone, we couldn't find a small and light car that would tow it.

Our dog now has to travel on the back seat of the car, he won't fit in the boot of even a medium sized car.

My wife, who will be driving the car most, does not feel safe, she is no longer comfortable, she no longer has a good view forward and the luxury she and I were used to has gone. Let me tell you, we are both saddened by the fact that we feel forced to give up a way of life that we feel we had over the years aspired to and enjoyed. We may never get another caravan, because to do so would be like being treated like a social outcast. The two good things about all of this is that I feel our car is environmentally sound, and uses little of the earths resources (providing it's reliable) and my bank balance is very much healthier since the sales (but even that will shortly be leaving my account). There are also two families out there that have either a cracking car or caravan and I know that they will love them. I just hope they don't feel the pressure that I did from forums such as this.

Thanks again greens.

I hope your catalyst fall off!

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Don't worry

Run out and hug a tree. I don't know your personal circumstances, but Wimp springs to mind !!!!

Val & Frank

When did the Goverment tell you, that you had to sell, this piece of legislation must have passed me by ???

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't worry

Run out and hug a tree. I don't know your personal circumstances, but Wimp springs to mind !!!!

Val & Frank

When did the Goverment tell you, that you had to sell, this piece of legislation must have passed me by ???
That's a little cruel, Frank. You don't know my personal circumstances, so such a jibe is unwanted. Perhaps if you had been more vocal when the 4x4 argument raged, it wouldn't have seemed so one sided.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
My post was really saying why did you give up ??. Quite honestly I would run the bu**ers down if they tried to get me out of my 4x4. Goverment legislation we can't do much about, but tree huggers we just need to ignore and not run away from. I have recently bought a new Car and Caravan the VAT was in the region of

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Lol

You have to stop adding to Global Warming, Firstly you sell your Car and Van. To someone whom I presume will be using it like you did. Then you have another car. So I would like to thank you on behalf of the Lets Make Global Warming Happen Party For adding to the planets CO2 and making Scotland a warmer place to live.

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lol

You have to stop adding to Global Warming, Firstly you sell your Car and Van. To someone whom I presume will be using it like you did. Then you have another car. So I would like to thank you on behalf of the Lets Make Global Warming Happen Party For adding to the planets CO2 and making Scotland a warmer place to live.

Val & Frank
Good point, Frank.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
This entire post just has to be a wind up.

Surely no-one outside the constaints of a padded cell and strait-jacket would sell up and change their lifestyle because of a few loony tree huggers.

If I`m wrong then I`m also wrong as to which party is most stupid.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying myself a little car which runs on unleaded. That big diesel engine in my current car must be doing serious damage to the environment.

Lisa

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Lisa,

You'll actually probably do a lot more damage to the environment by running another vehicle than running your current vehicles, any diesel built post 92 will be quite environmentally friendly, and if you tow car is less than five years old a 2 litre diesel will be output neutral compared to a Peugeot 106 running on unleaded in an average cycle.

Monkeys Husband

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I really must assume that Lol is Kidding us all? I mean, there will always be people with opposite views. OK you sell up the 4x4 and Caravan and then what? How about holidays in Spain by plane; lots of CO2 emmissions there... My Sorento has done barely 7000 miles in its first year; is now doing around 30mpg and I do not consider myself an irresponsible citizen for that.

A sense of proportion must always be applied ...........

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I really must assume that Lol is Kidding us all? I mean, there will always be people with opposite views. OK you sell up the 4x4 and Caravan and then what? How about holidays in Spain by plane; lots of CO2 emmissions there... My Sorento has done barely 7000 miles in its first year; is now doing around 30mpg and I do not consider myself an irresponsible citizen for that.

A sense of proportion must always be applied ...........

John
Have your early fears about the Sorento's MPG subsided, John?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts