Good day had.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We were due to attend a classic car show today but it was cancelled at late notice due to the dreaded Rhona.
Not to worry, we nipped to Oswestry for some supplies and a spot of breakfast..lovely.
Got home and, as it was cool and overcast, I decided to do the dreaded Roof clean on the van.
Now, off up the ladder, armed with fenwicks, sponge, brush etc.
Pretty manky up there but I was quite surprised how easy it all came up spotless, once done I finished it off with some Autoglym spray on ceramic coating.
Decided that as it had been so easy to do, I gave the van a full wash with the Autoglym polar blast finished off with the same spray on coating.
Fantastic job to get done.

Kev
Hi Kev has the caravan had the full works i bet it looks great now :)

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
It does BB, away for the weekend in 2 weeks but I do like it being clean.
Think the carpets will be next weekends task with the carpet cleaner. Service early August, away in the New Forest for 2 weeks in Sept then hopefully put it up for sale and get a new bigger van 👍

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Good experience today.
We had our van serviced by a Mobile Engineer on our drive, what a pleasant experience compared with tugging it to the dealer.
He was super thorough, very informative and reasonable.
No issues or advisories so we are good to go on our jollies in September.

Kev

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Good experience today.
We had our van serviced by a Mobile Engineer on our drive, what a pleasant experience compared with tugging it to the dealer.
He was super thorough, very informative and reasonable.
No issues or advisories so we are good to go on our jollies in September.

Kev
Hi Kev great news enjoy your next break :)

Reactions: Kevin M
Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
In the last hot weather, our caravan number plate fell off, luckily that was on the drive.
Cleaned the old fixing tape off today and restuck it.
Only issue the recent service highlighted was the green led for the Alko ATC didn’t work, the system is fine though.
Managed to crawl under the van earlier and check the connector on said LED as there seems to be a couple of types.
Correct type identified and ordered so that’s a job for next weekend.
Whilst the light isn’t important to me (you can hear the ATC firing up when connected), as we are planning on selling the van in Sept/Oct I’d rather be able to show all is in good order to any possible purchaser.
Kev

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
In the last hot weather, our caravan number plate fell off, luckily that was on the drive.
Cleaned the old fixing tape off today and restuck it.
Only issue the recent service highlighted was the green led for the Alko ATC didn’t work, the system is fine though.
Managed to crawl under the van earlier and check the connector on said LED as there seems to be a couple of types.
Correct type identified and ordered so that’s a job for next weekend.
Whilst the light isn’t important to me (you can hear the ATC firing up when connected), as we are planning on selling the van in Sept/Oct I’d rather be able to show all is in good order to any possible purchaser.
Kev
Hi Kev hoping it is in good order and you are successful when selling:)

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Loving the long weekend weather here.
Yesterday I got under the van and swapped the ATC led, fairly straightforward to be fair, tried it hooked up to the car today and all's well.
Gave the van a good wash today and cleaned the windows.
Emptied the flush tank of the Elsan Green, really don’t like it so flushed and swapped for Thetford pink.
Tyre pressures checked on the van and Shogun.
3 days to work (tues to thurs) this week, Friday off and then down to Brockenhurst for a 2 week break.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Loving the long weekend weather here.
Yesterday I got under the van and swapped the ATC led, fairly straightforward to be fair, tried it hooked up to the car today and all's well.
Gave the van a good wash today and cleaned the windows.
Emptied the flush tank of the Elsan Green, really don’t like it so flushed and swapped for Thetford pink.
Tyre pressures checked on the van and Shogun.
3 days to work (tues to thurs) this week, Friday off and then down to Brockenhurst for a 2 week break.
Hi Kev i see someone been very busy is everything now done and you can have a fantastic break to look forward to enjoy :)

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Mrs M will put the clothes and bedding in this coming week.
Awning and Cadac are already in the boot so good to go.
Looking forward to the road trip now.
Not been away since June, we had a couple of weekends booked in July but loosing my Dad to covid halted that idea unfortunately.

Kev

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Mrs M will put the clothes and bedding in this coming week.
Awning and Cadac are already in the boot so good to go.
Looking forward to the road trip now.
Not been away since June, we had a couple of weekends booked in July but loosing my Dad to covid halted that idea unfortunately.

Kev
Hi Kev
Hoping the road trip is enjoyable after such a sad time, Have a happy and safe trip.:)

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Well, just got back from a fabulous 2 week break at Black Knowl, Brockenhurst.
It’s been years since I’ve taken 2 weeks in a row and it’s so much more relaxing than a single week.
Tow down and back was very enjoyable indeed.
Brockenhurst is a great place to go if you enjoy peace and quiet, also fantastic for walking.
Up early each day, we were walking around 20k In the morning and another 10k late afternoon, dogs loved it.
2 slight repairs needed on the van, a small spacer on the fridge fell off (new one ordered) and a small section of edging needs regluing on a base unit flap..
Needs a good wash and clean, Betws y Coed for the weekend in 3 weeks.

Kev

Reactions: Hutch and Mel
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, just got back from a fabulous 2 week break at Black Knowl, Brockenhurst.
It’s been years since I’ve taken 2 weeks in a row and it’s so much more relaxing than a single week.
Tow down and back was very enjoyable indeed.
Brockenhurst is a great place to go if you enjoy peace and quiet, also fantastic for walking.
Up early each day, we were walking around 20k In the morning and another 10k late afternoon, dogs loved it.
2 slight repairs needed on the van, a small spacer on the fridge fell off (new one ordered) and a small section of edging needs regluing on a base unit flap..
Needs a good wash and clean, Betws y Coed for the weekend in 3 weeks.

Kev
Hi Kev I am pleased you had a nice break and it good job you are handy with your hands and getting these two repairs done :)

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
2 little jobs done today.
Firstly (couldn’t upload a pic) was to fit a small plastic buffer/spacer on the bottom bracket opposite the bottom hinge of the fridge. This spacer seems to keep the fridge door inline when shut, with it missing, the door drops slightly. The old one had split. This small piece of plastic is around the size of a £1 piece. Unfortunately, it cost £20 with the postage...
Last job was to reattach a piece of edging that fell off the bed locker flap.

Need a weekend away now.

Kev

Reactions: Bluetonic

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts