Gower peninsular

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve - there is one site which sticks out from all other sites in this area and that is the Caravan Club site st Pembrey Country Park. The site is absolutly fantastic in fine weather - very little for children in wet weather. It is situated on the edge of a beautiful country park with miles of open countryside and next to a beach as nature intended it - definately not hi-di-hi. Manmy activities in the park and if you are into cycling take your bikes with as the new coastal path is now open for the public.

The site is to the west of Gower (Junction 47 I believe off the M4) and is also pretty central for Swansea and Cardiff to the east and Pembroke, Tenby, Saundersfoot, etc. to the west.

Good luck in your holiday and if you are not a Welshman - welcome to Wales.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed August 2005 at at CL on the Gower. It was Perriswood Farm, Nicholaston (page 476 CC handbook). It's a lovely site, with fantastic views across Oxwich Bay. 5 mins to Oxwich Bay, 2mins to Tor Bay/Three Cliffs Bay all by car though as the A4118 is very busy with through traffic and no footpaths. Is possible to walk to Oxwich Bay but not recommended! The site itself has an archery site on it, cafe/ice cream parlour plus farm animals and emus etc. Very friendly people, most helpful. We took our bikes and were a little disappointed in not being able to cycle from the site (due to busy road) but it was easy to get to the cycle routes in the nearby forest and the Mumbles/Swansea sea front ride is pure bliss (no traffic). We also recommend the old rail trail Mumbles to Gowerton and beyond. We actually cycled Mumbles to Pembrey Country Park one day! A round trip of about 56 miles. Very beautiful area, cheap too. We ate out in the area every night for 10 nights and the site cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Janet could you tell me what the facilities are like and can I take my dogs

Thanks

Steve W
Hi - Yes you can take your dog. But as for facilties, being a CL doesn't have much - a toilet, a cafe/ice cream parlour and that's about it - would need own facilties in van i.e. shower/toilet as its a bit of a trek up to the one on site. We really enjoyed it mainly because it was quiet and the views were fantastic. There were small supermarkets nearby and good beaches all over. As I say we ate out everday we were there at local pubs etc.

Only downside - busy road past the site - but not near enough for noise/disturbance or danger to site users.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi - Yes you can take your dog. But as for facilties, being a CL doesn't have much - a toilet, a cafe/ice cream parlour and that's about it - would need own facilties in van i.e. shower/toilet as its a bit of a trek up to the one on site. We really enjoyed it mainly because it was quiet and the views were fantastic. There were small supermarkets nearby and good beaches all over. As I say we ate out everday we were there at local pubs etc.

Only downside - busy road past the site - but not near enough for noise/disturbance or danger to site users.
Many thanks for the information.

Steve W

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Hiya Steve, we stayed at three cliffs bay caravan site last year and can highly recommend it, the most stunning view i have ever had from my caravan, dogs are allowed and there are somesuperb walks, although you need to be fit to walk down to the beach.

There is a shop, laundry etc. on site and the toilet/showers are spotless,though no pub or eating facilities.

The site is run to a very high standard and we will be going back.

They have a website, so just google three cliffs bay.

Tim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hiya Steve, we stayed at three cliffs bay caravan site last year and can highly recommend it, the most stunning view i have ever had from my caravan, dogs are allowed and there are somesuperb walks, although you need to be fit to walk down to the beach.

There is a shop, laundry etc. on site and the toilet/showers are spotless,though no pub or eating facilities.

The site is run to a very high standard and we will be going back.

They have a website, so just google three cliffs bay.

Tim
Three Cliffs Bay and various other sites in the area are featured in the current 'Out and About' magazine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts