GPS Tracker with no subscription device?

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has a GPS tracker device fitted to their caravan, which uses no subscription but is well made and connects straight to the battery?

And one that will alert you if the GPS device signals movement, or its coordinates change, not sure if there is something like that..

We have just signed up to a very, very good monthly deal for a rolling contract with EE on an unlimited plan for our caravan Maxview WiFi

When the caravan is not being used and in storage, we thought of using the unlimited Data SIM installed in a GPS tracker for a peace of mind

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
You could look at the commercial suppliers that operate trackers for white vans etc. they have many subscription options. They are based on the timing of the gps signal sent back to their base. Each data send is minute, the company software interprets and identifies it. You can elect for seconds or minutes. You can get movement alerts and accurate location and movement on a map as well as history. The sims are roaming so will work over Europe. Some sites show you examples. I looked at one where you could follow a fleet of vans and even see what side of the road they were on.

As any decent system will need to send you information, I cannot see how you could avoid a subscription. Except for something like an Apple AirTag. But they have limitations.

The costs of these have plummeted. Look at lots of options.

A lot only deal with multiple vehicles but some are happy to do individual plans.

John

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has a GPS tracker device fitted to their caravan, which uses no subscription but is well made and connects straight to the battery?

And one that will alert you if the GPS device signals movement, or its coordinates change, not sure if there is something like that..

We have just signed up to a very, very good monthly deal for a rolling contract with EE on an unlimited plan for our caravan Maxview WiFi

When the caravan is not being used and in storage, we thought of using the unlimited Data SIM installed in a GPS tracker for a peace of mind

They are a waste of time. If you are notified that someone is stealing your caravan, would you approach them to stop them? If you notified the police, would they take any notice as it has not come from an "official" recognised source. After all you could be Joe Soap phoning in with a hoax call.

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Dec 27, 2022
Visit site
The control system for my caravan electrics uses an old Android tablet as it's base. I have location sharing enabled allowing me to view the caravans location at any time.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Our caravan sadly doesn’t have the connect feature

The control panel was released in the 2024 Swift Challenger version, and ours is the 2023 🙁

Apparently there is no way of retro fitting either

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts