Great Yarmouth (Vauxhall)

Feb 26, 2006
Visit site
Help!we have just let our two kids aged nine and eleven pick no sorry book one weeks hoilday of there own choice,without any iterference from the perents. Has anyone been to the vouxhall site and can tell us what we have let ourselves in for

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
we went to vauxhall 2 years ago, if you like the haven type of holiday you will enjoy it, the part where we was pitched you was squashed in like sardines, there was no room to park your car next to the pitch, it was quite noisy where we was,as we was very close to the main entertaiment complexand and it can flood in parts were you put your caravan and the toilet are not very claen.

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
to be fair to the vauxhall the pool complex is very good, the restaurant and take aways have just been upgraded as has the amusements etc.The playpark is very good but supervise your kids as some parents dont and their kids run riot.Also the pitch where we were was gravel so didnt flood in rain as for the toilets they were really nice but people didnt clean up after themselves so they were in a mess, i felt sorry for the cleaners

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
..... thats why I prefer to use the facilities I have in the van and why I rarely use those holiday complex sites. How some can afford a caravan and towcar beats me because at home they must live in absolute squalor. Thankfully where I've experienced this behaviour is on private sites. At one site we went to which Ive mentioned before the place was like a refuse tip from discarded rubbish, mainly from kids, and their parents ignoring it, probably hoping it would blow away. Reading the comments in this forum tells me I have made the right decision. It doesnt matter how nice the toilet blocks are there are people out there who will trash them. At a private site near Truro I went to use the shower and there was one cubicle free and I soon found out why. On the floor, in the middle, was a human t*rd, a 100% human t*rd. It was the size of a babies arm and never mind slipping on it, it was big enough to trip anyone up :O( Now no matter how I try, I cannot get my head around anyone not knowing that they had just passed that giant t*rd in the middle of the floor. The sheer relief it gave them must have told them they had got a load off their mind. Just three steps away was the toilet so surely they must have known they wanted a dump and could have deposited it there. O.K. there was the risk of blocking the sewers with such a monster but at least it wouldn't have almost made others poop themselves by being confronted by what looked like some kind of rare giant cornish slug. Anyway I must finish, the timers just gone off telling me my sausages are cooked :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
..p.s. I only wished David Bellamy was around and I could have shown him how some of us campers really get back to nature :O)
I would have thought a true aristocrat, such as yourself, would have been above this sort of cheap jibe.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
chrissie a jibe is a sneering comment. How did I do that with my post? Who was I making jibes or sneering at? Do you think I made it up because if so you are wrong. O.K. I might have tried to make light of the subject and try to see the funny side of it, of that I stand guilty, but no, I wasn't sneering at anyone. If I offended you I apologise and will go stand in the corner and say 10 Hail Kangas. I'm sorry if I'm not a serious person and I will try to mend my ways. I will start in 2 weeks time but somehow I dont think I will manage more than one week of being goode :O(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
chrissie a jibe is a sneering comment. How did I do that with my post? Who was I making jibes or sneering at? Do you think I made it up because if so you are wrong. O.K. I might have tried to make light of the subject and try to see the funny side of it, of that I stand guilty, but no, I wasn't sneering at anyone. If I offended you I apologise and will go stand in the corner and say 10 Hail Kangas. I'm sorry if I'm not a serious person and I will try to mend my ways. I will start in 2 weeks time but somehow I dont think I will manage more than one week of being goode :O(
And I am sorry if I am being over-sensitive here, but I certainly interpreted at the very least as a jibe against David Bellamy (you may disagree with him, but does it have to be made personal in this way?) and by implication, against the Club of which he is President and of which I am proud to be a member. The latter may have been a result of my paranoia, but I think the former is fairly evident.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
And I am sorry if I am being over-sensitive here, but I certainly interpreted at the very least as a jibe against David Bellamy (you may disagree with him, but does it have to be made personal in this way?) and by implication, against the Club of which he is President and of which I am proud to be a member. The latter may have been a result of my paranoia, but I think the former is fairly evident.
Again I'm sorry chrissie but you are being paranoid on both counts. The point I was making was how low some people, and I use the word "people" loosely, will sink in doing such an act. I can't describe them as animals because animals dont act in this way. Even when people describe hooligans and the like as animals it makes me cringe. I think my views about defending environmental and wildlife issues are pretty well known in this forum. The use of David Bellamy's name was in no way a derogatory comment and I'm sure that if read it he would have seen the point and laughed about it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Again I'm sorry chrissie but you are being paranoid on both counts. The point I was making was how low some people, and I use the word "people" loosely, will sink in doing such an act. I can't describe them as animals because animals dont act in this way. Even when people describe hooligans and the like as animals it makes me cringe. I think my views about defending environmental and wildlife issues are pretty well known in this forum. The use of David Bellamy's name was in no way a derogatory comment and I'm sure that if read it he would have seen the point and laughed about it.
So your use of the word 'campers', rather than the more usual, for this forum, 'caravanners', was purely accidental? I'm so glad hear it. As usual on here, I am wrong, wrong wrong...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts