Great Yorkshire Showground

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ann, As far I can remember the C.C. did not renew the lease I think,

But did see somewhere that if you ring up the Harrogate Showground they are taking booking on their own, Their is another one down Kent called Stragged Oak that use to belong to the C.C as well,

Belive it the same phone number, Good Luck Trevor123

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Harrogate closed late last Autumn as it needed upgrading and the lease expired. The Yorkshire Showground has jacked up prices over the last decade of so, so I would guess that the lease renewal was too much for the CC to accept given the need for refurbishment as well.

As a replacement that have opened another site at Scotton just north of Knaresborough which may or may not be a managed site (it has or had a bar/eatery) but it is quite pleasant. It is on a bus route albeit probably not so regular as that at the Showground. Travel by car to Knaresborough centre is little more than five minutes plus traffic lights, about 20 mins to Ripon, and 15 mins or so into Harrogate.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Harrogate closed late last Autumn as it needed upgrading and the lease expired. The Yorkshire Showground has jacked up prices over the last decade of so, so I would guess that the lease renewal was too much for the CC to accept given the need for refurbishment as well.

As a replacement that have opened another site at Scotton just north of Knaresborough which may or may not be a managed site (it has or had a bar/eatery) but it is quite pleasant. It is on a bus route albeit probably not so regular as that at the Showground. Travel by car to Knaresborough centre is little more than five minutes plus traffic lights, about 20 mins to Ripon, and 15 mins or so into Harrogate.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts