Grey Blotches on hatch covers

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
I know this subject has been covered before, even the Fenwicks web site explains what it is and suggests a way of getting rid.

However I have tried all these cleaning solutions to no avail, might as well pee on the affected area's (that didn't work either)for all the good I am doing.

Has anyone got a real solution for getting these area's clean, surley their must be a product out there that actually works.

Over to you Joyce!!!!!!!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance Graham but what are hatch covers?

Why don't you get in touch with Kim and Aggie? (How clean is your House? - Channel 4).

Lisa

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
If you mean the plastic surround on the locker doors like the battery compartment and the loo door then I clean mine using what used to be called Jif and water.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Plotter

I tried cif but to no avail.I even tried a small area with T-Cut.

I think I will have to resort to a re-paint

This is what the Fenwicks web site says

Q. WHY ARE THERE GREY BLOTCHES ON THE HATCHES?

A. The problem is caused by what appears to be a virus, this consists of grey blotches around the hatch which cannot be removed. It only seems to attack the hatches with the rough finish e.g. toilet door and battery hatch, it may be just a result of poor materials and exposure to ultra violet light.

Hatches can be best cleaned by using a toothbrush. Dip the toothbrush into the bottle of cleaner (or make up a 10:1 solution in a spray bottle), work it into the hatch. Allow to stand for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, run the toothbrush over the area once again (no need to add more cleaner), then rinse off. This will remove any dirt, grime, green etc.

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Just a thought GrhamW, as i said jif/cif has always done ours and i use Autoglynn over the whole unit, however as it does not work on yours have you used something which has "attacked" the plastic top surface?.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts