Grey water disposal!!!

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Just to conclude this, I emailed the site with concerns over grey waste and had no reply so I left a review on Trip Adviser and mentioned it, they quickly replied on there and stated they'd pass my comments onto the site management team. I doubt anything will be done (and not a problem for us as it's not somewhere on the "revisit" list) but it's a shame that it's a facility that we take for granted on most sites but seems to have been ignored/over looked on this one.

Jun 6, 2023
Visit site
We’re away at Pentewan Sands, a nice site but I couldn’t find any reference to grey water disposal so I asked at reception. “You have to use the Elsan disposal point” was the reply, twice from two different members of staff. All well and good but the Elsan point is raised by three feet off the ground! I pointed out that a 38 litre waste container weighs around 38kgs which is too heavy to lift single handed, I got blank looks and apparently no-one else has complained before!!!
I rarely dispose of grey water that way. Either a magic leak or into the hedge. Much too good to throw away.

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
Many years ago when we first started caravanning we went to quite a few rallies, where we were first introduced to the magic marshall's waste bucket :D

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have been on a lovely " simple" private site for the last 4 nights, The Rose and Crown, Ridgemont Bedfordshire.
A single shower, toilet, for men and the same for women, a single water point but waste water went into the hedges, about 10 pitches, £20 a night 16 amp power included.
About 2 miles from J 13 on the M1.

Reactions: Mel and GaryB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have been on a lovely " simple" private site for the last 4 nights, The Rose and Crown, Ridgemont Bedfordshire.
A single shower, toilet, for men and the same for women, a single water point but waste water went into the hedges, about 10 pitches, £20 a night 16 amp power included.
About 2 miles from J 13 on the M1.
If we decide to spend time in the area could you recommend the pub for an enjoyable meal with good disable access for me?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If we decide to spend time in the area could you recommend the pub for an enjoyable meal with good disable access for me?
The food is. Very nice, good pub grub at reasonable prices, but I think there is a small step into the pub, I will check up for you. Woburn Abbey and Wild animal Park is within 5 miles and 1 mile.

Reactions: Beachball
Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Found typical caravan 40L grey and fresh water containers to bulky to transport and to heavy when full.
I use 20L containers for grey and fresh water. Lot easier to throw inboot of car to empty or fill. Typically carry 2 of each (4total) empty in caravan or boot of car if filling up before going on site.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The food is. Very nice, good pub grub at reasonable prices, but I think there is a small step into the pub, I will check up for you. Woburn Abbey and Wild animal Park is within 5 miles and 1 mile.
Thanks for the update and places to visit look forward to more details about access in pub (y)

Jul 2, 2022
Visit site
We were in pentewan last summer and a guy was emptying his in the hedgerow every other day.
also I have seen little gully pots around the site and people using them.

TRENDING THREADS