groundsheet joint

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Several years ago I had a large breathable groundsheet given by a friend who had sold his caravan, due to it's very large size I cut a length off to suit my caravan awning. Now I have changed the caravan to a larger model and when the groundsheet is used in the awning, (in two pieces), there is a overlap which is a trip hazard. Are there any suggestions out there for joining the two lengths together in a permanent manner? I know there will be a little overlap but that is not a problem, is there a strong waterproof tape which I could use? The groundsheet is light grey in colour. Thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tony

It may take an hour or so, but I'd be tempted to sew them together with strong thread. Given the holes that are already in the breathable fabric it would be very easy to do, and give a good safe finish at the end.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tony

It may take an hour or so, but I'd be tempted to sew them together with strong thread. Given the holes that are already in the breathable fabric it would be very easy to do, and give a good safe finish at the end.
Thanks Mick, I will give this a try. Cheers Tony

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts