Habitation door

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Madtaffy said:
Am I being fussy asking motorhomes to drive on there pitch, when the habitation door is on the wrong side?

Yes you are. What would you do if on the Contnent. Why just motorhome are you not being discriminatory as many European made vans have the door on the so-called wrong side.
Someone raised this topic in a recent magazine in quite an obnoxious manner too.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Madtaffy said:
Am I being fussy asking motorhomes to drive on there pitch, when the habitation door is on the wrong side?

I cannot believe this posting !!
What on earth does what another person does have anything to do with you, as long as it is nothing illegal?

I suggest that you get on with your holiday and let them get on with theirs,without interference !!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The OP shouldn't try visiting Camping in the Forest at Bracelands as caravans will pitch with A frames towards the road and motorhomes can go in forwards or reverse.

Try avoiding sites popular with Eriba or Trigano owners clubs too! Shame i sold our nice Trigano now. :whistle:

WP-20160916-12-33-50-Pro-copy.jpg

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Madtaffy said:

Are you a site operator or warden?

If you are a warden then you should follow the sites policies. If there is no policy then you should not impose unless there is a question of space, privacy or safety.

If you are a site operator then that's a policy for you to work out, bearing in mind space, privacy and safety.

Otherwise why are you so interested in how other people site their motorhomes?

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you never been abroad with your caravan yet as when you are over a broad you get to park your vans any which way you want so you could end up with someone's front window looking straight at you !!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure the side the door is on makes a lot of difference most of the time. I suppose that if you are both sitting outside then you might be facing each other sometimes but that is about all. It can cause problems if the awnings face each other, but the site staff do need to make sure fire gaps are maintained.

Dec 2, 2018
Visit site
We go to the MotoGP at Silverstone it not people, when you go away for a nice break, and a van pulls up and they peg there dog out and it craps on our side ,it seems weird why they can’t drive on there pitch.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Madtaffy said:

Are you a site operator or warden?

If you are a warden then you should follow the sites policies. If there is no policy then you should not impose unless there is a question of space, privacy or safety.

If you are a site operator then that's a policy for you to work out, bearing in mind space, privacy and safety.

Otherwise why are you so interested in how other people site their motorhomes?

Wonder why the dislike of motorhomes and not caravans with doors on the "wrong" side?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Madtaffy said:
We go to the MotoGP at Silverstone it not people, when you go away for a nice break, and a van pulls up and they peg there dog out and it craps on our side ,it seems weird why they can’t drive on there pitch.

Not sure that I can understand the link between where the dog might do its business and the door being on the wrong side. Guess you are really saying that you would prefer the dog to do its business the other side of their outfit/MH so the other neighbours have the inconvenience. So are you anti-dog, anti-people or anti motor home?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh well, that's me in the sheep dip as my caravan has the door on the 'wrong side'

Correct me I im wrong, but surely if your habitation door is on the wrong side, then it stands to reason its on the right side.

Jan 26, 2019
Visit site
Thingy said:
Correct me I im wrong, but surely if your habitation door is on the wrong side, then it stands to reason its on the right side.

Depends where you stand, if looking from the front it's on the left side which if looking from the rear is the right side :blink: :blink: :blink:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Nope, the left side is the near side, the offside the right side. A door on the wrong side, will be on the offiside, ergo its on the right side. A door on the "right" side will be on the left side. This is still Brtiain dear boy, and everything we do is correct, or right.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts