Had to laugh.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Took the car for its MOT yesterday. passed, with one advisory.
"Rear high level brake light not working" Apparently not an MOT fail. Nipping out to check, my high level brakelight was working so I popped back in to ask "Why do you say it isnt working"

He looked at me as if I was a cretin and in front of a busy reception sniggered "Well, when you press the brake pedal, that brake light doesnt light up"

I was so pleased to reply "Yeah, when you press the brake pedal it wont. Its a Fog Light"
Halfords, gotta love em.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Raywood said:
It would have fooled me. I always thought all high level lights were brake lights.

I always thought the same.

Checking on Google I found that rear fog lights can't be more than 1000 mm above ground for cars, which is significantly less than roof (high) level. And you can't have more than two. Thingy - today is May 1st NOT April 1st. ;)

"Motor vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1980 and trailers manufactured on or after 1 April 1980 must have rear fog lamps.
One rear fog lamp must be fitted (not more than two may be fitted):
- at or near the rear of the vehicle;
- on the vehicle centre line or on the offside if one lamp only is fitted;
- not less than 250 millimetres or more than 1,000mm from the ground (2,100 millimetres for agricultural vehicles, engineering plant and motor tractors);
- at least 100 millimetres from any stop lamp."

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Take a look at the back of a Shogun. The rear high level is LED at roof level. In the spare wheel carrier in the centre is the Fog Light. Laddo thought that was a high level brake light. What I didnt understand was how he thought I would have two high level brake lights.

MitsubishiShogun10144.jpg

Just below the number plate is the fog light in question. The high level brake light can be seen in the rear screen top.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts