Haggerston a No NO

Mar 4, 2006
Visit site
I have replied to the Craig Tara post with this but i feel it needs a topic of it's own.

We went to Haggerston Castle last May & vowed We'd NEVER as long as we live return there. The place was rotten the static was not heated in the bed rooms and was bone chillingly cold. In the lounge we had to sit on couches with 3 legs/feet chairs ripped & carpet filthy and paint was flaking off the walls (never got fixed or cleaned while we were there) the kids entertainment was not very good either as my 6 & 8 year olds got bored with it in 15 mins of the first evening.

The pond was so full of algae I doubt if even the hardiest stickleback could survive in there, it had not been cleaned out in many years.

So that's our experience, hope it stops you going there.

The only good thing onsite was the chinese restaurant.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Stuart,

My daughter and her family also took a residential van for a week.They listed everything which was totally unacceptable and also video'd the evidence.They were given a full refund, but like you they vowed they would never set foot there again.

Jan 10, 2006
Visit site
I havent been to haggerston castle but i have been to quite a few haven parks around the country.I feel haven have definately gone down market the caravans and entertainment are not as good as they used to be and there seems to be quite a variation of the quality of service between the various camps.

the main reason we bought our tourer was haven and companys like them have started to charge unreallistic prices for a weeks holiday .

my advice is to complain like mad if you have any problems they will move you i also recommend rivierre sands in hayle cornwall as this is the best haven camp we have stayed on.

As to the worst primrose valley at scarborough we stayed on their touring site last september and the toilets/showers we the worst ive ever been to. As haven are charging high prices to tour on their sites and providing third word facilities i will not be going again. for extra infomation on haven http://www.ukcampsites.co.uk/ search for the park and read the reviews.

jon

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Haven used to belong to the Rank group and their sites while big and rather commercial gave excellent value for money although their aim was to sell you a static.More recently Haven where taken over by the old Bourne Leisure Group who never had the same quality and only had one aim and that was to sell you a static come what may,I recall tales from the salesmen off one of them selling a static to someone who only went to the shop to buy bread.

I have no conection with either company.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tony. This may sound ridiculous but my wife and I went to our local Bailey distributer in Swansea to buy a few odds and ends -mainly wine glasses and ended up buying a new Bailey Ranger 500/5. They did then however let us have the four wine glasses for nothing. Don't know why we bought a new van as our old ABI Globetrotter served us well and was in excellent condition - they did not even want the old van in part exchange. That is what I call first class sales technique with no hard pressure selling.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Colin,

As you we're over the legal limit I wonder if you could have been excused taking the contract. After all it wouldn't look good in the CC club magazine would it . I can see the headline now "Couple plied with drink, forced to buy!"

I not sure about the consumer law in this area, it has been mooted at EU level that regardless of purchase a "cooling off period" will apply on anything over a few hundred euro's in the future.

Monkeys Husband

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
hi we once went to perran sands in cornwall on a haven site the caravan was rated a silver and was the most disgusting thing ive ever seen there was a pizza in the over that had been there a while the windows were un shuttable mould everywhere and the worst was there was blood on the duvets they supplied.we complained and they did sort the problems out but it was still mouldy and smelly thats why we got a tourer for the price you pay to stay in their rotten vans for two weeks you pick up a van

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Monkey's H. My wife and I were at the dealers on a Saturday afternoon out - about 25 miles from home. We saw the van and with a little gentle persuadion we ended up buying the van. There was no hard sell as we were on the point of taking early retirement and thought that the van would last us until we gave up caravanning. The sales people at Sunnyhaven were at the time very good and we have been there many times before and after the purchase and always made welcome. In fact they are one of the best dealers we have ever visited for courtesy, friendlyness and help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts