Halfway there

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Sorry about the false start, realised I was about to shout, then clicked on the wrong button.

Well we are halway there, as we picked up our new Sportage Titan Towing vehicle yesterday, having waited since December for it. All we need now is our Challenger 570 due in Mid May and we can get on with joining you all in your great hobby.

I have to say it has ben frustrating waiting for the car, and doubly so now with another 10 weeks or thereabouts before we can get 'on the road'.

Still enjoying the Forum and thanks to you all for the tips and comments offered so generously, to all the novices like myself.

By the way, on the way home from the garage we followed a Bailey Wyoming, towed by a Sorrento, from Milton Keynes all the way to Bedford. It turned off at Union Street in Bedford, wondered if you are reading this, if you park it in Clapham ?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I go there to Twinwoods every August bank holiday George.

That would be a very local trip for you then.

Congratulations on the new car.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
I go there to Twinwoods every August bank holiday George.

That would be a very local trip for you then.

Congratulations on the new car.
Hello Parksy,

I realised when you replied to the Toy Thread that you visited Twinwoods, sadly although literally over the hill, about 3/4 Kilometers away we have never visited. Our good friends Pete & Lynn go, but we have usualy been away for the Bank Holiday weekend visiting relatives in Liverpool.

However I may try to make it this year, we do like the Miller sound and enjoy Rock & Roll, possibly we could meet and have a drink together. We can communicate nearer the time when our plans are clear.

Best regards,

George

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi George

Lovely car and with a 7 year warranty!

Waiting for the Swift will give you a chance to get the tow bar fitted , if not already done and also get a few miles under her belt before you start towing .

Kia recommend letting the engine run on for 30 seconds or so after a long or hard run. Apparently something to do with cooling down the turbo and extending its life.

I'm sure Lutz can explain.

Cheers

Dustydog

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi George

Lovely car and with a 7 year warranty!

Waiting for the Swift will give you a chance to get the tow bar fitted , if not already done and also get a few miles under her belt before you start towing .

Kia recommend letting the engine run on for 30 seconds or so after a long or hard run. Apparently something to do with cooling down the turbo and extending its life.

I'm sure Lutz can explain.

Cheers

Dustydog
Thanks for you good wishes Laird Al & Dustydog.

I have had a Witter Removable Tow Bar fitted by one of thier Agents, hope they have done a good job, but will not know for sure until May.

I have to say our first immpressions are very good on the Sportage, it gives an 86% match to the Challenger and I think gives excellent value for your money.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello Parksy,

I realised when you replied to the Toy Thread that you visited Twinwoods, sadly although literally over the hill, about 3/4 Kilometers away we have never visited. Our good friends Pete & Lynn go, but we have usualy been away for the Bank Holiday weekend visiting relatives in Liverpool.

However I may try to make it this year, we do like the Miller sound and enjoy Rock & Roll, possibly we could meet and have a drink together. We can communicate nearer the time when our plans are clear.

Best regards,

George
We'll look forward to seeing you if you go.

TRENDING THREADS