Happe with Caravan Aftersales?

Jul 1, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone got any ongoing problems with their van? Our 15 month old van has not been right since new. After six repairs and six weeks in the workshop, it still has a leaking shower cubicle. Can anyone beat this appaling level of after sales? Particularly interested in hearing from anyone who bought from near Ferrybridge or Hull.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Helen,

Go straight to Trading Standards and tell them about it. Take with you all correspondence, and a diary of dates of failures and repairs. With any luck they may be able help you,

after all did you actually specify that you wanted a faulty caravan when you ordered it? I bet not.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Helen

Shout loudly and often, they will respond to this eventually, I to have problems accepting the standard of aftercare supplied by the the "leisure industry" its crap and they should realise they can't getaway with it forever

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Helen

Please see letter below, did not get a reply.

I am writing to you out of shear frustration at the level of service I have received from both yourselves and my local dealer (C******s Caravans).

I ordered a replacement awning rail on the 8th April for my Avondale Landranger, quoting all the relevant identification numbers to enable you to supply one.

Sometime towards the end of April this eventually turned up but was found to be incorrect as it was bent at the wrong radius. Originally my intention was to fit this myself but due to the complications I entrusted the repair to C********s and the van was booked in for the new rail to be fitted on the 24th May (in time for my holiday which was due to commence on the 27th May).

Despite assurances from your selves that the correct part was to be dispatched on Friday 20th May to arrive Monday23rd May to enable C******'s to carry out the repair this did not happen.

C******'s inform me that the rail eventually turned up on the evening of the 25th May one day after the van was due to have the rail fitted but by now the earliest window of opportunity to have it fitted was mid June.

The end result of all this is that my holiday will have to be cancelled, and aside from the cost element it is also very difficult to explain why to a 7 year old child that he can no longer have his half term break.

I find it totally unacceptable that it has taken nearly 2 months to get a part from you which at the time of writing this letter I still do not know to be correct.

Whist I have no issue with the product you manufacture this experience would certainly preclude you company from any repeat business from me.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Helen

Please see letter below, did not get a reply.

I am writing to you out of shear frustration at the level of service I have received from both yourselves and my local dealer (C******s Caravans).

I ordered a replacement awning rail on the 8th April for my Avondale Landranger, quoting all the relevant identification numbers to enable you to supply one.

Sometime towards the end of April this eventually turned up but was found to be incorrect as it was bent at the wrong radius. Originally my intention was to fit this myself but due to the complications I entrusted the repair to C********s and the van was booked in for the new rail to be fitted on the 24th May (in time for my holiday which was due to commence on the 27th May).

Despite assurances from your selves that the correct part was to be dispatched on Friday 20th May to arrive Monday23rd May to enable C******'s to carry out the repair this did not happen.

C******'s inform me that the rail eventually turned up on the evening of the 25th May one day after the van was due to have the rail fitted but by now the earliest window of opportunity to have it fitted was mid June.

The end result of all this is that my holiday will have to be cancelled, and aside from the cost element it is also very difficult to explain why to a 7 year old child that he can no longer have his half term break.

I find it totally unacceptable that it has taken nearly 2 months to get a part from you which at the time of writing this letter I still do not know to be correct.

Whist I have no issue with the product you manufacture this experience would certainly preclude you company from any repeat business from me.
Why do thing post twice when you only submit once, anybody else have this problem????

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Actually, I have to say I was really quite HAPPE with our after sales service. The problem was that they were overrun with work. It's the caravans they have to fix that are total pants. Silly me, I sold mine and bought another one made by the same manufacturer. Should have Explorered further afield.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is not a Trading Standards enforcement issue unless you are arguing that the supplier has acted in a criminal way. However, there is case law to support rejection of the caravan on the basis that it has never been fit for the purpose. The case law involved a

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts