Happy Woosie

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Although I'm not driving at the moment swmbo and I trundled off to collect the new van today. Very pleased so far but won't be playing with it yet as it's in the workshop having a solar panel fitted and then we can bring it home at the weekend (snow permitting)

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Ooh how exciting Martin! Bet you can't wait to get out and about in it ... we are hoping to get away during Feb half term but as that's only about 2 weeks away, it may be too icy/snowy to attempt to drive to Bath Chew Valley where we'd like to spend a few days. We'll have to wait and see. Have fun in the new van
smiley-smile.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Great stuff. Don't forget the bottle of bubbly to launch it (drink it, don't smash it over the prow)
mel

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
We live a few miles from chew valley. Its all very picturesque and white at the moment, and will probably be very boggy next week. Chew valley and surroundings are lovely,as is Bath. Bristol is ok-ish. Try going to the top of Burrington Combe for a great walk. The pub at the bottom did lovely food as we had our wedding reception there (18 yrs ago). Hope you have alovely stay in our county.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
No excuses Martin.
The mudplugger tyres on your Defender should tow you anywhere any weather. Anyway what better time than now to try out the heating system and the hot water bottles .
smiley-laughing.gif

Enjoy
smiley-kiss.gif

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
got her home yesterday before the snow and spent all day pottering. the new heating system seems to work very well. no one allowed in today as we've got a few more inches of snow and not having that walked in

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Crazyguider - live in Gloucestershire so know Bristol/Bath fairly well but the reason we got the caravan for was so that we could explore all the lovely places literally on our doorstep ... it's mild at the moment so hopefully we will be able to get away for a couple of days towards the end of the week. Our plan is to clean the van inside and out this weekend in the hope that we can get it ready just in case. Can't wait!
smiley-smile.gif

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hope you have great time. Can't wait to get the van out of storage for Easter.
Hope you didn't get caught in the awful rain and hail today if you're already here. I guess that almost makes us neighbours!

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Woosie people,
Following WC's sugestion that I post a "Woosie" moment on Chit Chat.
OK, Away in the van with three grandchildren, weekend near the end, toilet needs emptying. Remove cassette and complete rinsing and new chemical added. return to van and just about to insert cassette to discover oldest grandchild has pooed while I was elsewhere. Guess who has to sort out disaster.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts