Has anyone else got this infernal cold which is going around?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Honey, Lemsip, and rum as a toddy. Good for me.

The colds myself and OH had at the beginning of Jan were all about coughing. Very little nose blowing or congestion. Strange.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Honey, Lemsip, and rum as a toddy. Good for me.

The colds myself and OH had at the beginning of Jan were all about coughing. Very little nose blowing or congestion. Strange.

John
We have honey at home, but at the moment probably unsafe for me to drive as legs feel a bit wobbly. OH cannot drive at present.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I thought I was getting over with the cold on Tuesday as felt almost normal which can be difficult. LOL! Sadly yesterday it came back with a vengeance and I am still feeling awful. Strangely enough temperature is normal?

We have a fairly good idea who passed this cold onto me and I have now passed it onto OH. :coldsweat:

• Wow
Reactions: Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mine started three days ago. Blocked nose leading to a bone dry mouth and sore chest. Horrible. Hope it doesn’t last too long😎😎

• Sad
Reactions: Hutch
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I have had it since just before Christmas. It lasted three weeks and went, then came back and went, then came back and went (repeat). Fortunately each time it comes back it’s not quite as bad but it certainly takes it out of you.

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
I'm mostly over it, but still having the odd day with an irritating tickly cough. I've massively cut back on vaping which has helped. Just got an ongoing issue with blocked eustacian tube, right ear. I am having to do valsalva manoeuvre regularly to pop it and relieve pressure which takes many attempts. I've got a feeling I'm going to end up needing surgery for it. All this from a cold in December!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just to say i think it come back got a sore throat and a cough taking a lot of flu tablets and hot drinks and keeping warm

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Don’t know about the cold but in a local care home they have Covid again, but only mild cases so far. But it’s delaying us moving BIL from a care home in Coventry where fortunately the NHS are picking up the tab, but there’s growing pressure to move him out and south.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Ten days on still got a bad cold and sore chest caused by breathing at night through mouth. SWMBO has had last two days and is poorly on anti diabolicals

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Don’t know about the cold but in a local care home they have Covid again, but only mild cases so far. But it’s delaying us moving BIL from a care home in Coventry where fortunately the NHS are picking up the tab, but there’s growing pressure to move him out and south.

I have found that my taste buds have zeroed out as cannot even taste a beer! Both my cousin and aunt have Covid although both have had all the necessary vaccines. Seems that Covid is quite rife again, but not as severe.

Although we have been out shopping and obviously to the hospital, we have not been out to visit one of the locals or even a restaurant for the past 4 weeks and have sort of confined ourselves to home.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Had appointment at the doctors on Friday the nurse i was suppose to be seen for a injection she got Covid but they sent me to there other GP surgery for a later time

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
There is a good chance, that covid is getting blamed for Winter colds, runny noses, sore throats, etc. Getting out into fresh air clears the system out a lot.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts