Has the kitchen Ominvent been abandoned?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I was wondering if I can order a custom kitchen from kitchen suppliers to install in in a caravan? Has anyone do this before?
Are you referring to a touring or static caravan? Not a good idea in a touring caravan as kitchen forms part of the structural strength of the caravan. Plus of course the caravan would devalue as you may not be able to insure it due to modification.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
As far as I know you can choose the material you want your kitchen to be made of, at least this is what I was told by a local kitchen contractor, you choose the material and the design

Have you looked at these type of firms?

Others have mentioned weight. Assuming yours is a touring caravan any increase in furniture weight will seriously erode your usable payload,.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree that weight may be a problem. Caravan kitchens use lightweight materials but domestic kitchen manufacturers do not have to consider this and chipboard probably is used in most. I think you would find it difficult to get suitably light units, although you could ask.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You mention that you have a Coachman Pastiche 525/4 2014 and by all accounts this is a very good caravan so not sure why you want to replace the kitchen. perhaps if you told us why you need to replace the kitchen you may get better advice?

Jan 21, 2022
Visit site
Mine is good enough and I don't think I would change a thing in it, I am asking because I have a small restoration project, a friend of mine has an old Abbey spectrum, he wants to restore it a little bit, the interior itself need to be changed as it is awful, that's why I thought it might be easier to buy a build in kitchen, also he might need a couple of upper shelves

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Mine is good enough and I don't think I would change a thing in it, I am asking because I have a small restoration project, a friend of mine has an old Abbey spectrum, he wants to restore it a little bit, the interior itself need to be changed as it is awful, that's why I thought it might be easier to buy a build in kitchen, also he might need a couple of upper shelves

Can I suggest that your friend looks around some caravan breaker yards as he may then find what he is looking for. It must be remembered that in a caravan the kitchen is part of the structural integrity so they would need to work within those parameters..

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Reading the magazine report on the Weinsburg this has one but no large roof light so that may be the trade off. The sun roof looks good in the showroom and you can see i lets lots of light in. The Omnivent is less obvious so possibly that is its downfall. I think it is also still fitted on some other models but have not checked. With a large caravan, fitting it should not be a problem but on shorter ones there may not be room. Our roof light does come back into the kitchen which might rule the Omnivent out.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yeah! We thought about it. I think we'll try first of all to find something on breaker yards! Thank you for the advice
Elliot, there is a Place called Flying Horse Farm, near to Ridgemont, on the road from Ampthill, MK43 0QX, he has several old caravans in there, you might find something interesting.

Reactions: ElliotM

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts