Hatred from neighbours

Mar 22, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone else received the levels of hatred aimed at my wife and I simply for buying a caravan and putting it legally on our own property? I have received verbal abuse and hate mail! Is this normal? This is my first van and within 20 hours I had a complaint.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I wouldn't be so polite i'm afraid,

I'm currently not allowed to store my caravan at home due to the estate by-laws but on occasions i speak to the site manager and gain permission to bring it home for a day or two for cleaning and servicing purposes, this of course causes the odd up turned nose in the street but on the whole i explain to those around that this is just for a day or two.

My advice to you is to the tell the neighbours in no uncertain terms to...........

F*@K OFF!!!!!!!!!

............and to get on with living their obviously sad and dull lives. As cris said they are jealous nothing else.

Try it you may be surprised lol

Regards

Davie

(sorry Mods)

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Michael,

Sorry to hear of your problem, appears you have a very unneighbourly neighbour!

I have been caravanning for nearly 25 years and have always kept my van in my garden. That's two different properties in that time. Not once have any of my neighbours made any kind of comment other than to mention how nice a new van looked and come over for a closer look around. If you are legally parked with no local bye laws or anything to prevent you parking your van then what is your neighbour's problem?

Do you know who sent the hate mail or was it annonymous?

Several things spring to mind, perhaps you have already considered them.

1) Ignore the fuss in the hope it will be shortlived.

2) Is your neighbour complaining about your van being parked on your property in general or is it because of the specific positioning e.g. blocking light to a window or restricting access. Is there a possibility of a compromise like moving the van to a different position in the garden.

3) I don't want to be alarmist but do you think this person may go further with this anti social behaviour and perhaps vandalise the van or become more verbally abusive or worse. If that is likely I suggest you consider contacting authorities to perhaps warn them off.

4) I know it sounds like backing down but if this is liable to have a detrimental effect on your family and how they live is it worth considering putting the van inti storage.

Hope everything works out for you. Good Luck.

Robert

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
If you feel that the fools might damage your caravan, investing in a well hidden web cam to keep watch on your caravan and lights that turn on when its approached might be an idea.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
You have my sympathy Michael.

It must be upsetting to live so close to narrow-minded morons with nothing better to do.

It`s a shame you couldn`t borrow a few more `vans to park on your property to make them REALLY upset. Maybe then they`d realise how insignificant one caravan on someone elses property is. I`d make the police aware of the problem, because although they won`t do anything (unless you confess to speeding on your driveway) if any damage is done they may take it more seiously.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It simple, remove the caravan. Then put up a sign saying "Brothel opening soon". Invite your neighbors for an interview night and ask them if they will mind all the red lights you will be displaying. When they get organized and come knocking on your door, tell them that you are quite willing to hold off on the "Ladies night in", if they don't mind you, parking your caravan outside.

They will be so grateful they will even help you chock the wheels and put the steadies down.

Works every time, we've all done it at some time or another, haven't we?

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
Good advice Lol, after all it's what Tony, Gordon and crew do all the time and we let them get away with it so it must work.

ttfn
yes michael I have at my last house and totally sympathise with you

it wasn't a caravan but a 20ft motorhome causing the fricton,

neibours complaining,

letters sent,

phone calls day and night,

council officers sent round,

tyres let down,

objects thrown at it,

a total nightmare this went on for months from buying it and bringing it home, to finding a solution??

and the solution in my case was to build a garage 24ft long by 12 ft wide and 11ft high after obtaining planning permisson of course and parking it in that, all safe and sound it was.

put the silly moos nose right out of joint that did, instead of having a motor home at the side of the house I had a block of flats all nice and legal it was

then I sold the house, the motor home had gone, but the block of flats were still there

the next house I bought was in a street full of vans no more problems??

good luck with finding your solution

colin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts