Haven site. Golden sands, mablethrope

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
We have been looking at Haven site for the first week in July.

Has anyone been to Golden sands in Mablethrope. Have been to two Haven sites before frist time was at Rockley park in poole, which was very good, then we went to Reighton sands, Filey which we will never go back to. But hoping this one we be a good one, as we have two children who love the shows etc.

Would love to hear from you if you have been , thanks Steve.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
sure that this is the one that we went to a few years ago, very small pitches especially if you have a big van and want to put up an awning which then meant there was no where to park your vehicle, they were also next to the road and the rear entrance to the site, the shower / toilet block was awful, but if you have children there is plenty for them to do and it was a very short walk to a lovely beach, you could walk along the beach into the centre of Mablethorpe or take the beach train

having said all that I think that they have since closed the touring area where we were and relocated it so maybe they are bigger pitches and better facilities and although I would not go back there if it was just the two of us if we wanted somewhere to take the grandchildren then I would consider it

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

We went there at Easter and had a great time, the shower/toilet block was imaculate with hot water available 24/7 which is rare on Haven sites. There didn't appear to be marked out pitches but a guide takes you to the field and measures you an area out with a piece of rope to ensure they dont break fire reg's, plenty of room for awning and car.

If you do go ensure you don't turn of the main road into the Haven static van site like I did as it's difficult to turn round.

If it rains alot the field does retain the water but nothing serious.

Our two girls 7 & 3 had a great time.

Hope this is of some help,

Dean.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

We went there at Easter and had a great time, the shower/toilet block was imaculate with hot water available 24/7 which is rare on Haven sites. There didn't appear to be marked out pitches but a guide takes you to the field and measures you an area out with a piece of rope to ensure they dont break fire reg's, plenty of room for awning and car.

If you do go ensure you don't turn of the main road into the Haven static van site like I did as it's difficult to turn round.

If it rains alot the field does retain the water but nothing serious.

Our two girls 7 & 3 had a great time.

Hope this is of some help,

Dean.
Sorry forgot to mention that the site is a good walk to the main Haven complex where all the entertainment is, not a problem during the day but a little annoying late at night after the shows finish, especially if you've had one or two to drink!!!!!!

Dean :)

May 22, 2005
Visit site
I know the one you mean Brian! We stayed there in August. It's Skegness Sands. Lot's of entertainment for the kids at the pub on the night. The only thing I didn't like was having to pay

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I been passed the sit it looks a mess. I would not stop there if you paid me.

Just down the in Sutton on sea there is a caravan club site. Go and stop there and say so money.

We stop earlier this year had a great time. Found lot for the kids to do on trouble.

Mark

Sep 26, 2005
Visit site
We went camping there last year and had a great time. We booked from the internet and got a very good rate. The site was busy as you would expect but the kids loved it. We would definately go back, but not in the school holidays.

Ste

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,golden sands site is a wet mud bath when it rains,totally disorganised and the pitches are everyman for himself and you are as far away as possible from the entertainment and shops on site as you can be. The wardens may do their best but the management really want you to buy a static and thats what is thrust at you all the time, Even the entertainers prizes are really advertising for haven. Mablethorpe itself is a lovely little place for the kids and i would recommend http://www.seacroftcaravanpark.com/ which has it's own access to the beach, the kids are safe to play out and is a 10 min walk to centre of town you won't be disappointed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts