haven sites

Sep 3, 2005
Visit site
hi

has anyone visited the haven site in grange over sands in the lake district, we're going up there on friday and the directions say "turn left at the village square".as i'm new to towing this sounds a bit scary as i'm imagining trying to manouvre around tiny cobbled streets.Just wondered if anyone could tell me an alternate route or quash my fears and assure me its not that bad.

Jun 28, 2005
Visit site
hi,there are 2 routes,but both are as bad as each other,the best one is to head through grange out towards flookborough,when you get to the square it is a very tight left hand turn so you will have to go right over to the wrong side of the road to do it.having said that it is a good site,nice clean fresh air,holker hall not far away.good base for seeing the lakes,hope this helps,adrian

Sep 3, 2005
Visit site
thanks adrian sometimes i could regret buying a twin axle hopefully i'll be more confident with time glad to hear its a good site we picked it so we wouldn't be reliant on the weather as the kids tend to get a bit restless

thanks again

May 12, 2005
Visit site
hello mate, I live relativley local to flookborough, don`t worry yourself about getting to the site, the tight rt hand bend into the square is just that, but locals are very patient, just take your time, stick your nose out,and give them a chance to get out of your way. there a great chippy in the square, and more good pubs locally thanyou could count, try the White Hart at Bouth, great atmosphere and v/good food they won an award recently, enjoy gods country mate,have a safe time,

Tony A.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts