Heating food on gas hob

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Hi, has anyone any suggetions for heating pies or pasties on a gas hob? no oven or grill in my campervan, just the twin burners.
what do others do?
thanks

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
A couple of years ago I fitted a microwave into one of the top cupboards & that comes in very handy
smiley-wink.gif

But most of the time we use a small halogen oven for cooking .....
Unless bacon egg & tomatoes are on the menu
smiley-wink.gif

We have a fitted oven, but find using the items above a lot easier to use & clean....

pmb

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Assuming you are on electric you can get very small oven/grills that take 3-4 amps and would take those items. I have an old tefal in the loft from the early 90's. Have a look in an Argos catalogue. (other catalogues are available)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I dunno if this would work but you could wrap them tightly in tin foil so the steam can't get in to make them soggy and then put them in a bowl/on a plate over a saucepan of boiling water. (I am assuming that they are cooked and just need warming). Thats how my mum used to reheat my dads dinner when he had to work overtime, in the days when there were no microwaves and the oven would have dried it out.
mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Or, if you are going for a drive, wrap in foil and put on top of the car engine - old commercial travellers trick (but don't try kippers)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ray S said:
Or, if you are going for a drive, wrap in foil and put on top of the car engine - old commercial travellers trick (but don't try kippers)

i have had good baked potatoes cooked whilst driving across Turkey by putting them in foil and lodging them near the exhaust manifold. But I wouldn't like to try it with a pie or pasty. :-(

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Mel said:
I dunno if this would work but you could wrap them tightly in tin foil so the steam can't get in to make them soggy and then put them in a bowl/on a plate over a saucepan of boiling water. (I am assuming that they are cooked and just need warming). Thats how my mum used to reheat my dads dinner when he had to work overtime, in the days when there were no microwaves and the oven would have dried it out.
mel

Forgot to say that you would have to cover the bowl/plate as well so that the space could heat up.
Wouldn't it be easier to have beans and hot dog sausages?
smiley-wink.gif

mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Forget everything I just said. Google: Omnia Hob Top Ovens. Just the gizmo. Although will cost money.
mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts