Heki 2 Black Out Blind Help Please

Nov 22, 2007
Visit site
Morning All,

I have a Ace Award Nightstar 2008, my Heki 2 roof at the front of my van has the fly net and black out blind combination fitted, the blackout blind has started to get small holes in it which can be annoying in the morning when the sun starts to shine which I know is not often in this country.

Anyway my first question is have any of you replaced this blind yourselves and secondly how did you do this and how much did it cost.

Thirdly is it repairable with some sort of outer skin.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Ian

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi, Have the same problem, when I approached them at their stand at the CC national rally they could not offer any suggestions as to what to repair it with. I suggested something like TIPPEX, and they just said 'give it a go on a small spot in case it damages it further'. So far haven't got round to trying it but don't want to go to the trouble or expense of replacing them. Be interested in anything else you might find out.

Alan

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Just to add to this query, has anyone replaced the blind on their Heki rooflight. Ours has become very discoloured and impossible to get clean. If it's a DIY job then I don't mind tackling it.

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry folks it looks like I got a glitch in the link.

You need to open this link http://www.leisurespares.co.uk/

then look in Seitz and Cassette Blinds or Heki rooflights to open .pdf files with the detail of how to.

There is information on roof blinds as well as cassette blinds.

Even gives you info on how to tension the blind..

Nov 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,

Thanks for all your comments so far, it does seem to be a real issue and I find it amazing that they dont do kits so you can replace the blinds as and when required.

I have been in touch with leisure spare's but getting them to reply to emails is very difficult, I have also phoned them on several occasions but it just goes to answer phone so no joy.

On there website it does give clear instructions on how to take a part the roof light and how to extract the blinds, I have thought about replacing it with a black out blind from a main stream shop, my only concern is the clip that connects the fly blind to the black out blind and if this is interchangeable between parts.

I will of course keep you all upto date on my progress and findings, this seems to be a topic that concerns a few and would help many.

Ian

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Only just seen this topic, hence the tip is unlikely to help those originally interested. However, Black Witch wetsuit repair glue will fix any holes in your fly screen - cheap and easy to use, get it on ebay.

For those wanting an external shade for their Heki to prevent sun damage to the interior and / or heat build-up in the summer, these people make ultra lightweight shades for rooflights and windows:

I hope that the tips help :)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
In-The-Picture said:
Only just seen this topic, hence the tip is unlikely to help those originally interested. However, Black Witch wetsuit repair glue will fix any holes in your fly screen - cheap and easy to use, get it on ebay.

For those wanting an external shade for their Heki to prevent sun damage to the interior and / or heat build-up in the summer, these people make ultra lightweight shades for rooflights and windows:

I hope that the tips help :)
This topic is over 5 years old so there have been plenty of opportunities to see it and to comment on it in the time that has passed.
Whenever topics from years ago mysteriously surface after a new member adds a url on their very first post there is a strong suspicion that unauthorised advertisers are at work.
I will be looking at future posts to check.

TRENDING THREADS