Jan 12, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

Just like to say hello and tell you a little about me,

I've been caravanning for 3 years now first started off with a Elddis wisp 350/2 believe it or not we slept 5 of us in the little 2 berth 2 adults and 3 kids haha,

I have recently bought an Avondale Dart 556/6 that's been sat for 4 years in a storage yard so trying to get that sorted finding a few things on the way

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. What car do you tow with? Ask away as you no doubt will have a few things to sort out on the new van. If stored and not moved for four years I’d bin the tyres.

Jan 12, 2023
Visit site
Hi, Thank you, I currently tow with a Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 cdti (150hp), my old caravan was 819kg and the new one is 1300kg so hopefully it will be ok towing it its within its towing limits,

I plan to tow it home 5 miles down the road from the storage yard and then before the caravan season kicks off ill be replacing the tyres,

it was broken into a few years back and the gained entry via the bathroom window by ripping the outer skin of the window off, I'm now struggling to find a replacement window for it, if i cant find a new window my idea was to block it off with a some white pvc sheet or something and sika flex it on not sure if that's a good idea or not?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi chrisbeaner856 welcome to the forum has your caravan had a service while sat in the storage have a look on ebay for a bathroom window

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. You sound to have some work to do to get the caravan fit for use. I think you are very close to the towing limit for the Zafira so I would check this out.

Jan 12, 2023
Visit site
Hi chrisbeaner856 welcome to the forum has your caravan had a service while sat in the storage have a look on ebay for a bathroom window

Thank you for the welcome, no its had no service not moved at all since 2018, i plan on limping it 5 miles down the road and then I plan to put 2 new tyres on it plus give the brakes an over haul new shoes etc make sure all the correct parts are greased up

also I've managed to find the outer skin of the bathroom window so now ill just need to glue the 2 halves back together

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 12, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. You sound to have some work to do to get the caravan fit for use. I think you are very close to the towing limit for the Zafira so I would check this out.

There is lots of work to do indeed haha, if the info online is correct and also looking at the vin plates i should have 200kg spare on my towing limit,

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Chrisbeaner and Vatedome. Welcome to the foru.
Chrisbeaner, glad you have sourced your window. if you need other parts then I am told that SFM and O’Leary’s are worth a look.
mel

Jan 26, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

Just like to say hello and tell you a little about me,
I've been caravanning for 3 years now first started off with a Elddis wisp 350/2 believe it or not we slept 5 of us in the little 2 berth 2 adults and 3 kids haha,

I have recently bought an Avondale Dart 556/6 that's been sat for 4 years in a storage yard so trying to get that sorted finding a few things on the way
welcome, if you need other parts then I am told that SFM and O’Leary’s are worth a look.
mel

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts