Hello from Cheshire!

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
Hello All,
Just got my first caravan after having a self-build camper for almost 10 years.
It's a 1990 Abbey GTS 215 in need of lots of TLC. I'm ripping out part of the interior that had been 'remodelled' by a previous owner, mainly kitchen area and storage opposite and the area at the back above the battery box. I have a nice SMEV sink/cooker that can go in, the old stuff was manky and I wouldn't have trusted it anyway.
The old sink/cooker were the only 'accessories' in it, heaters/toilet/shower were all missing along with a large vent where a water heater used to be that has been (badly) covered with old wood!
Parts of the floor in the toilet and under the sink are rotten along the wall where there has evidently been a long term water leak, I suspect from the water heater, so some floor repair work is in order.
The main front centre window is broken so I'm going to try and fabricate something using perspex for now, maybe see if I can source a spare panel at a later date.
I didn't pay much for it and will look to use it maybe for a couple of years and maybe look for something better when finances allow.
I'm happy with a 1990 model though, as I'm using a 1993 Rover 827 as my tow car :)

Simon

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Simon, welcome to the forum. What a project! Folks on here love to see progress photos during major works. Feel free to post some in technical. There is a guide to posting photos somewhere.
Good luck with it all
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts