Hello Just joined

Apr 4, 2007
Visit site
Just to say Hi and looking forward to make some use of the this wonderful site

we are Picking up our Caravan on saturday and can i say this will be out very first caravan so i guess we will be asking loads of question during this time

cheers Bev N Tez

May 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi Bev n Tez

Welcome to this is a great site, you will find that there is alot of help if needed here, many very experienced caravanners who are only too willing to pass on there knowledge.

Good luck with the new van and have a great 2007 plus many more to come.

Regards

Les

Apr 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Bev n Tez

Welcome to this is a great site, you will find that there is alot of help if needed here, many very experienced caravanners who are only too willing to pass on there knowledge.

Good luck with the new van and have a great 2007 plus many more to come.

Regards

Les
hi Bev n Tez i'm new to the site too - pick up my van saturday after Easter - sooo excited!

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Bev and Tez,

Welcome to the world of caravanning.

When you pick up your caravan make sure your dealer sets your caravan up with electrics and water and shows you how to operate everything in the caravan. Dont let him just switch things on and immediatly off. Make sure he allows the water to heat up, the heater to heat up etc. This is called the "handover procedure" and takes about 1 hour, and will prove that everything works. It will make life much easier for you.

Good luck and happy cravanning.

Hamer

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
Or if you can get booked for a site very near the dealer the weekend you collect, you can make sure everything works and pester the dealer if it doesn't.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hello Bev N Tez

Welcome to Forum.

I agree that it is a good idea to go locally on your first outing with a new caravan (even some hardened vanners do this) to ensure that everything works properly. There is nothing worse than travelling for many miles to find that the holiday is ruined by 'faults' on the van.

It is amazing sometimes just how much reading matter you have to wade through just to get something working.

Hope you enjoy your first time out and many other holidays in your new van.

Any probs, don't be shy, just ask!

Ann

Apr 4, 2007
Visit site
Aww Thank you all so much fro the warm welcome

well we collected to the van it was a private sale

well we did the trip to Leek

we arrive and boy did we know we were newbies on the site lol

un hooked the got stuck with the leveling up i think god!! i am now sounding like a novice hehe

we then got this love man to help us with the awning well with no instruction hmmmmmm we really did not have a clue

we got there 2 hours later

unpacked the car put all the things i had spent the last few months buyin in place tea towels etc........

then we went off to have a look around Leek

cam back to the van to find the awing very neatly packed away by the side of the van omg !! they have chucked us off already

then came a voice your awning had blown off in the heavy wind

with a look of horror!!!

did you peg it down lol omg we both look at each other well we did with a few pegs

not enough though

second attempt that awning was not going any where the lovely man that ran the site came over and helped us put it back up stronger that ever with rope

the only problem was that the with the heavy wind the legs banged on the can it has dented the side of the van ant that point i could have cried

we dusted off the embrassement and opend a bottle of wine and chilled out in the van

oh god i could go with all fun of first time caravaning but i wont

all i say now is we are looking to book some where local to Birmingham or Worcester to have an other play in our new van

thanks for reading now stop laughing :)

Bev N Tez

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
You may not be aware that there is a device called a storm band which you pass over the top of your awning and peg down either end to stop the awning becoming airborne.You can get them for about

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Bev & Tez, Welcome to caravanning. It's a great hobby which I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Regarding the site between B'ham and Worcester You could try Eckington Riverside caravan park. Its a nice site with electric hook ups and toilets and showers. these are a bit 'rustic' but its only about twelve quid a night to stay there. The site is on the river Avon about 3 miles from Pershore and though there are a lot of seasonal pitches there are some pitches for casual tourers as well. I'm Steve and my other half is Carole so if you find yourselves there any weekend come over and say hello,were 3rd van on l.h. side as you go in.

Apr 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Bev & Tez, Welcome to caravanning. It's a great hobby which I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Regarding the site between B'ham and Worcester You could try Eckington Riverside caravan park. Its a nice site with electric hook ups and toilets and showers. these are a bit 'rustic' but its only about twelve quid a night to stay there. The site is on the river Avon about 3 miles from Pershore and though there are a lot of seasonal pitches there are some pitches for casual tourers as well. I'm Steve and my other half is Carole so if you find yourselves there any weekend come over and say hello,were 3rd van on l.h. side as you go in.
Hi Steve

thanks for the info we will pop along sometime

i am sure we will get into the enjoyment of caravaning i just get so over excited with the thought of just taking off at the weekend

Due to work we will not be using our baby until the witsun weekend now which is such a shame.... we have booked a ccc site with a weekend of entertainment the Birmingham DA are arranging this one if anyone else is going along to that one would be nice to say hi to you all

Bev N Tez

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts