Aug 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi all.

I'm chris from Manchester, I'm new to touring but not caravaning as used to staying in statics.

I have recently purchased a used caravan, a Lunar Quasar 525/5 2010. Looking forward to touring with it.

I have never towed before and will be looking at some point in doing my B + E licence. At the moment MAM of car and van fall under my 3500kg limit.

Chris

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Welcome!
Does the van have a recent service and damp check - otherwise worth employing a mobile engineer to give it the once over before you take to the road and while it is still new-to-you. As an example tyres should be no older than 7 years and generally recommended after 5 especially if the van has been little used - and don't forget the pare even it has never been used.
Frequent advice on here is to find a site local to our home for the first outing, or even set it up on your drive if you have room - then you have access to anything you have forgotten and your tool kit if required!
Worth joining one or both of the clubs for access to their sites/CL or CS , insurance products etc.
At the mo you will find sites rather busier than usual, especially for weekend booking, but things presumably will quieten assuming schools reopen in September

Aug 12, 2020
Visit site
It has been serviced last year and this year but before we pick it up it will be checked again. We are based in Manchester so will look around Preston at the end of September for a first outing as not too far and the driveway isn't big enough. I know I will definitely be joing the camping and caravaning club.

Chris

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi Chris welcome to the forum hope you will enjoy touring, as for clubs why not join both camping and caravan club and caravan and motorhome, both have good sites large and small and also discounts to members

Aug 12, 2020
Visit site
It was to do with the weights of the car, caravan and my licence but I leart things that I didn't know and they've stuck with me.

I've had a quick look through and there's lots of people with a huge amount of knowledge.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts