Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Hello people!!

The name is Mike significant other is Linda.

Have just closed the company down and retired a little early.

Have been a caravaner for hundreds of years ( 40 at least) Starting with the transfer from frame tent when it would not hold the cot.Into a spotty green and cream Sprite Alpine.

Currently at that new car (V.W.Touran) new van (Abbey Vouge GTS)and one ferry ticket stage Plus a pocket full of electronic camping cheques desperatly hoping the sustem works (ye of little faith) still I have camping card ACSI as back up and hoping the blessed football does not get in the way.

Do not quite know were we are going but the plan is in the general direction of Italy.

Oh yes We live in Norfolk, on the edge of the Thetford Forrest, are keen walkers and on and off road cyclists. so if any one wants local info you can always ask. I am not an expert but I am an enthusiastic amature. Why cant forums have a spell checker.

ttfn

Oldwinegum

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Welcome Mike and Linda

I am the "nominated" head welcomer, door monitor, (and wine taster)!

We have not been caravanning long, I have a 2004 Bailey Ranger 550/6, towcar is a 1999 Ford Galaxy 19.tdi Ghia X, and have husband (Stu), 1 child aged 11 this year, and 2 dogs.

Live in Cottesmore, Rutland.

Have you thought about joining our meet this easter? details can be found under rallies topic.

Enjoy the forum!

Lolly

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Welcome Mike and Linda

We have not been caravanning long, I have a 2004 Bailey Ranger 550/6, towcar is a 1999 Ford Galaxy 19.tdi Ghia X, and have husband (Stu), 1 child aged 11 this year, and 2 dogs.

Have you thought about joining our meet this easter? details can be found under rallies topic.

Enjoy the forum!

Lolly
lolly, I have put a new thread under rallies. You may want to read it

(cheeky grin)

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Welcome Mike and Linda

Enjoy the forum!

Lolly
where? can't find it! - need help - had a really bad day :(

Lolly x

Feb 18, 2006
Visit site
hi all, me and the mrs have been caravaning for about 3 years and love it we have been to lots of places in the uk since starting out but took the bull by the horns and drove down to spain last year and it was fantastic,we have a bailey senator california(1998) and tow it with a landrover discovery. we have 2 children 15 & 12 and 2 dogs ,easter can not come quick enough thats when were off next .

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

joined about a month ago.

We have a coachman vip 2004 model and tow it with a subaru legacy 3.0 rn.

two boys 9 + 11 and 4 racing bikes in tow, well 2 on the roof and 2 on the back of the van.

Enjoying the forum so far, apart from the bickering now and again

Feb 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi all. The names John Lenham, (nearly the famous Beatle). Will sign all postings with initials JL to stop confusion with the other Johns. Maried with 2 grown up kids so just two of us now to do as we please. No caravan as from this weekend, managed to sell it privately so a bit of cash now to buy my next one hopefully touse in the new season. ps.Baz, already posted a message elsewhere just to ask if you lived in Leicestershire a few years ago? I think I might know you. Cheers JL

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry should i be worried. how many official wine tasters are there, and how many bottles do I need to bring if we come at Easter?

No need to get worried Mike, there should be plenty to go round, I'm an unofficial taster but still plan to inspect the bottles. As for how many, just bring what you like and what you think others might like. Hope to see you at Easter, it should be fun.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I joined this forum in November last year, been a caravanner since I was six, started 'vanning with my own family five years ago with a

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi all. The names John Lenham, (nearly the famous Beatle). Will sign all postings with initials JL to stop confusion with the other Johns. Maried with 2 grown up kids so just two of us now to do as we please. No caravan as from this weekend, managed to sell it privately so a bit of cash now to buy my next one hopefully touse in the new season. ps.Baz, already posted a message elsewhere just to ask if you lived in Leicestershire a few years ago? I think I might know you. Cheers JL
Hi JL,

I did live in Melton Mowbray a few years ago, what makes you think you might know me?

Feb 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Baz, the reason I think that I might know you is because I noticed that you said you have a Subaru and I met a Barry at the Plassey nr. Wrexham last summer who had a Subaru and was with his wife and 2 children. Just seems a coincidence. If this is noit correct then Im still glad to meet you. Cheers. JL

Jun 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi all my names Paul wife Eilish son Jonathan. We started 6 years ago with a 1991 bessacar 500 gle. We now have a 2001 ABI Brooklyn 490-5 towed with a Focus C-Max.We have been all over Ireland and last year went to France. Fantastic hobby we love it.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello people!!

The name is Mike significant other is Linda.

Have just closed the company down and retired a little early.

Have been a caravaner for hundreds of years ( 40 at least) Starting with the transfer from frame tent when it would not hold the cot.Into a spotty green and cream Sprite Alpine.

Currently at that new car (V.W.Touran) new van (Abbey Vouge GTS)and one ferry ticket stage Plus a pocket full of electronic camping cheques desperatly hoping the sustem works (ye of little faith) still I have camping card ACSI as back up and hoping the blessed football does not get in the way.

Do not quite know were we are going but the plan is in the general direction of Italy.

Oh yes We live in Norfolk, on the edge of the Thetford Forrest, are keen walkers and on and off road cyclists. so if any one wants local info you can always ask. I am not an expert but I am an enthusiastic amature. Why cant forums have a spell checker.

ttfn

Oldwinegum
Hi Mike,

We live in Norfolk too - ten miles from Fakenham - five miles from Dereham!!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi my name is jo-anne my partner is craig we have 2 sons reece whos almost 12 and lucas whos almost 4.we have a staffordshire bull terrier called storm and she is just 1 and totally mad like all staffs.craig has been caravaning with his parents all his life but i have just started.we have a 3.1td vauxhall monterey (same as a trooper).we went and bought a avondale dart godiva special edition 556/6.

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

2005 Legacy Outback 3.0Rn, Buccaneer Caravel 1991, only just bought it, haven't towed yet. Just want somewhere to go for peace and quiet on the cheap (that's a laugh) and somewhere to run 10Ks and half marathons, preferably alone. Stayed in umpteen statics but last in a Tourer at 7 years old.

Place for the kids in the summer too. Keep imagining if I had spent all summer at the seaside as a kid. How cool is that.

Really looking forward to it.

Feb 14, 2006
Visit site
Hello everyone,new on here but been caravaning for about 4years,two young children 11 and 7 yrs,we are in the process of selling our ABI Marauder to buy an Avondale dart with fixed bunks.hope to pick up some tips and tricks from you old hands at this,regards Joanne

Feb 14, 2006
Visit site
hi my name is jo-anne my partner is craig we have 2 sons reece whos almost 12 and lucas whos almost 4.we have a staffordshire bull terrier called storm and she is just 1 and totally mad like all staffs.craig has been caravaning with his parents all his life but i have just started.we have a 3.1td vauxhall monterey (same as a trooper).we went and bought a avondale dart godiva special edition 556/6.
Hi jo-anne ,Joanne here,how do you find your avondale 556/6 ,as we are hoping to buy one real soon?The one we have our eye on has had a leak in the back panel but with some expert care is now ok!.

Feb 21, 2006
Visit site
Hi everyone,

wife ,kids and myself atarted caravaning last year very new to everything but so far we all enjoy it. We have a 93 sterling eccles good firsttime buy to get us started.

Love to hear from anyone who can give us advice to help things go smoothly this year.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts